No response to my emails Ticket ID: REE-263696

12/31/13 (4 days ago)

to geekbuddysuppo.
It’s been about 2 months since Geek Buddy worked. It’s running but the screen provided for my question disappears.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Hi
After following your instructions.
The first Geek Buddy screen appeared and just sat there. I used win task manager to end the task. Now when I start Geek Buddy the first Geek Buddy screen shows and disappears after a second.

Thanks for your help. :) No sarcasm intended. I'm sure we'll fix this.

Mike

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 3:24 AM, Comodo GeekBuddy <geekbuddysupport[at]comodo.com> wrote:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting COMODO.

Please follow the below given steps to disable the firewall and check :

1. Right-click on the Comodo Firewall icon in the system tray (Next to the clock)
    2. Firewall ---> Select disabled

Please check for the connectivity, if it works please remove the following entries as mentioned below :

1. Open Comodo Internet Security ---> Tasks --> Advanced Tasks --> Security Settings -->  Firewall --> Application Rules

A. Remove the following : System / Svchost
    B. Next ---> Global Rules --> Remove the following entry "Block IP in from MAC any to MAC any where protocol is any"

Apply Ok / Reboot and see you should get pop-up's related to System / Svchost "Allow" the pop-up's.

Now check to see if GeekBuddy works.

Thanks and regards,

Keith
    GeekBuddy Technical Support
    www.comodo.com

Ticket Details
    ===================
    Ticket ID: REE-263696
    Department: GeekBuddy
    Priority: Default

Three months geekbuddy hasn’t worked in spite of email and phone conversations. Now I have a runtime error.
Program:C:\Program files\COMODO\GeekBuddy\unit.exe
The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

GeekBuddyRSP.exe is running.

After I hit ok to acknowledge the runtime error the GeekBuddy chat screen disappeared, as usual.

None of the suggested solutions have worked.

Make sure you have the latest versions of the Visual Basic runtimes installed. They can be downloaded from: Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Learn . Does that fix it for you?

Thanks for your reply.
Microsoft
Thank you for downloading

Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0, Visual C++ 6.0 with Visual 

GeekBuddy still not working.

http://search.microsoft.com/en-us/supportresults.aspx?form=mssupport&q=visual%20basic%20runtime

Is the above what you were suggesting to download? Which ones?

Please install all Visual Basic runtimes that are available from the page I linked (2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012). I think VB 2012 may not install of XP. Does that make the runtime error go away or does it still occur?

Thanks for your help.

I attempted to do as you suggested but a myriad of “you don’t have such and such” and attempts to install such and such got me no where other than me installing microsoft this and thats.

Why doesn’t Comodo have a “standby GeekBuddy” available to connect to fix GeekBuddy problems?

I am not understanding what you are saying. Was the installation of the various Visual Basic runtimes successful?

If you got error messages could you please post them here. Either as screenshots or as text.