No green frame around cmd.exe window when run in containment

V12.2.2.7036 (Firewall only) Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

In explorer right clicking on c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe and choosing “Run in COMODO container” does not show a green frame around the cmd.exe window.
Also, starting cmd.exe via “CONTAINMENT TASKS->Run Virtual” does not show the green frame.
The option “Containment->Containment Settings->Show highlight frame for contained applications” is enabled.

The green frame does appear for other applications (so far) like c:\windows\system32\mspaint.exe.

Can’t reproduce that on WIn10 - both (and everything else) work as expected and show the frame surround with both methods of running

I’ve tried many times but to no avail. No frame for cmd.exe, maybe it’s a Windows 7 issue.

Yes, I can reproduce it here. Windows 7 Pro x64 with all updates until January 2020.
CIS V12.0.0.6882 Proactive.

No green frame is shown for cmd.exe, but it is shown for other programs such as mspaint.exe, calc.exe or control.exe.

Thanks a lot for confirming mmalheiros :slight_smile:

Technical limitation on windows 7, highlight frame is only supported for console applications on Windows 8 and newer.

Thanks I understand.

I’ve checked with Sandboxie running cmd.exe sandboxed on Windows 7, it didn’t put a frame around the cmd window either but it has the two [ # ] marks before and after the cmd window title indicating that it runs sandboxed. CIS doesn’t do that either, it would be nice to have some sort of indication for Windows 7 too.