No firewall events shown in logs

I have installed CIS 5x version the problem is that no firewall event is shown (or recorded don’t know exactly)
Posting a screen shot of it.Though active connection are being displayed.see screenshots.

[attachment deleted by admin]

We would very much appreciate it if you would edit your first post to create an issue report in line with the bug forum guidelines and format here. You can copy and paste the format from this topic.

To understand the reasons why we ask you to follow these guidelines please see below.

WHY WE ASK YOU TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES
Bugs/issues can be impossible or very time consuming to fix if developers don’t have enough information to reproduce them. Since CIS is free, development time is limited. So if you want your issue fixed, please use the format below to describe it.

To avoid clutter, issues not described in the format below your post will not be moved to the ‘moderator verified’ issues topic. This means that the developers may not look at it.

Best wishes and many thanks in anticipation

Dennis

We would very much appreciate it if you would edit your first post to create an issue report in line with the bug forum guidelines and format here. You can copy and paste the format from this topic.

TOPIC TITLE
No firewall events shown in logs.

The bug/issue

1. What you did:No firewall events are shown in logs or view firewall events.

2. What actually happened or you actually saw:

3. What you expected to happen or see:Comodo Internet Security Shows no firewall events which it should show.

4. How you tried to fix it & what happened:I ran diagonistic check but it find no problems.

5. If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes?:no

6. Details (exact version) of any application involved with download link:NA

7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen:just start my system and login to

any user and that is it.

1. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):yes,
    1)Though active connection are being displayed.
    2)CIS works normally without errors or problems related to firewall.

Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).

1. Screenshots illustrating the bug:Yes , I have detail screenshots.

Your set-up

1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration used:(Its 5x)
  2. a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4, if so b) have you tried reinstalling?:No
  3. a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS, if so b) have U tried a preset config?:NO
  4. Other major changes to the default config (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here. )No
  5. Defense+ and Sandbox OR Firewall security level:Enabled and both firewall and defense + is in traning mode.
  6. OS version, service pack, no of bits, UAC setting, & account type:WINXP Pro , SP3 , 32-bit , NA , NA
  7. Other security and utility software running:I disabled all other security softwares but did not helped.
  • Zemana Antikeylogger 1.9.2.210
  • Blue coat K9 filter 4.0.288
  • Threatfire 4.7.0.17
  • AVG Link scanner 8.5.365
  • hp digital imaging monitor
  • teatimer.exe (spybot resident)
  • daemon tools lite
  1. Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box):No

Thank for your Bug report, could you please list what other Security and utility software you have installed.

7. Other security and utility software running:

Thank you

Other software running are (important ones)

1. Zemana Antikeylogger 1.9.2.210
  2. Blue coat K9 filter 4.0.288
  3. Threatfire 4.7.0.17
  4. AVG Link scanner 8.5.365
  5. hp digital imaging monitor
  6. teatimer.exe (spybot resident)
  7. daemon tool lite
5. Defense+ and Sandbox OR Firewall security level:Enabled and both firewall and defense + is in traning mode.
Please note as you have both in Training Mode no events are recorded, if you have balloon alerts enabled you will have a alert screenshot example.

Also please note Training mode (Allow all) show only be used for very short periods, as this allows everthing to run including Malware.

Dennis

Please note this applies to other modes aswell, where you do not have a rule set to log or receive a ask alert no logging occurs.

Quote from help file.

The 'View Firewall Events' area contains logs of actions taken by the firewall. A 'Firewall Event' is recorded whenever an application or process makes a connection attempt that contravenes a rule your Network Security Policy.

Dennis

Sorry but i enabled balloon messages but it did not solve the problem which is missing logs or entries (or alerts recorded) when you click view firewall events.Though balloon messages appears and show information if a new or unknown software goes for internet access.
I think balloon messages has no relation with it , also i moved firewall setting to safe mode but still no logs it is empty.

New unknown applications making making or forming new internet connection are logged and deleted really quickly but no inbound logs are shown this is crictical.