Newbie with lots of questions

3) If I don't respond to a Firewall Alert message or D+ Alert message, then what action occurs when the messages disappear after a couple of minutes? Does CFP interpret no response from me as a "Block this request" response...or does CFP "Allow this request" if I don't respond?
Sorry for asking this again, but my english is a bit rusty and I had a problem finding the answer in previous replies! Could u clear it up?

I tend to leave my pc on when I go to sleep and I don’t want to wake up one day with a locked-up System because of auto-block actions :stuck_out_tongue:

1. If I don’t respond to a Firewall Alert message or D+ Alert message, then what action occurs when the messages disappear after a couple of minutes? Does CFP interpret no response from me as a “Block this request” response…or does CFP “Allow this request” if I don’t respond?

I believe no response is intrerpreted as “Block this request”.
My understanding is that Comodo is a default deny firewall.
This means that all requests will be denied unless you have allowed them.
If this is not right, someone please correct.

Regards,
Mike

Yep, it blocks it and the good thing is that it creates an event in either “Firewall Events” or “Defense+ Events” so that you can see what happened while you were taking a nap :stuck_out_tongue: !

Just checked it (:NRD)

Got it! Thanks for the clarification. Mine option is enabled.

I’ve been using a combination of both, “Allow this request…remember my answer” and “Treat as trusted application…remember my answer”. The User Guide only cautions against using “Treat as trusted application” for email clients, web browsers, IM or P2P…none of which I’ve applied it for. Is there a SIMPLE way I can change the ones I assigned Treat as trusted application to Allow this request…or should I leave well-enough alone and just begin using Allow this request for future alerts?

I’ve posted the screenshots. Never done this before so not sure if I did it correctly.
In the first screenshot, it’s what Global Rules looks like if I click on the first radio button in the Stealth Ports Wizard. The second screenshot is what Global Rules looks like if I click on the third radio button in the Stealth Ports Wizard. I don’t understand why, in this second screen shot, the two entries about my home network are still there.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Simple? Probably not unless you backed up your CFP settings and reverted. Otherwise you would have to go to Defense+ > Advanced > Computer Security Policy > Double-click on each application rule and change it from “Trusted” to “Custom”, but that would only change the label; the actually individual rules within each of the main rule are probably retained. What I would do is delete each application rule and restart them, thereby letting CFP alert you. Everytime you choose Allow this request + Remember my answer, the application rule is building up in that Computer Security Policy screen. This is where it gets complicated (maybe more so than the firewall rules) because each has specific behaviours it’s allowed/denied to do.

You did fine. Based on your average internet usage, I recommend the second screenshot’s Global Rules. These rules are almost exactly the same as CFP 2.x’s defaults. The fact that CFP retained your home network rules can be a good thing if you really were networked to other computers within your home. Since you aren’t, just delete the top 2 rules.