new tray icons

When I try to extract the files using 7zip I get a message stating the file is archived… I am unable to unzip files… Can someone help… Thank you

Hey there (:WAV),

I assume that you’re talking about the icons you got from here? If so, then try to use this file :slight_smile:

Please reply if this worked for you, or if I was totally wrong

Xan

Thank You for the help… That work very easy… :BNC :BNC

Great :-TU

I will lock this topic now, if you need it reopened please pm me or any active moderator with a link to this topic

Best regards and have fun,

Xan

Topic reopened on request of the OP

So what’s wrong ?

Xan

I downloaded the file from your first reply…It was from http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmtimn2vwtv… I shut down boclean and ran the setup… Boclean restarted and the new icons were working… I shut down my computer last night and after restarting today the old icons were back… I ran the setup again and the new icons are back… Signed in to other user accounts on my computer and they have the old icons… Is there any way to get the new icons installed and retain them for good… Thanks again…

I was already afraid that this one would pop-up .

Just do this:

1. Download the files
  2. Go to the BoClean installation map (standart : C:\Program Files\Comodo\BoClean
  3. shutdown BoClean
  4. back-up your existing boc427.exe in that map to another map
  5. Place boc427.exe in the folder
  6. Reboot

This should do the trick

Xan

I think we may be getting closer… The problem now is boclean does not start on startup… A window now appears on each user’s start up screen asking if we either want to run or cancel the start of boclean… I wish I knew how to get a copy of window but not sure how to do it… Thanks for your help

The window is named “open file–security warning”

If you want to know how to make a screenshot you might want to take a look at this
When you open the mainscreen of BoClean and go to settings, does it say : Start boclean when windows starts ? (or something like that ?)

Xan

Here’s a picture…I hope it works… In boclean settings it is checked to start on startup

[attachment deleted by admin]

And unchecking “always ask before opening this file” allowing it and reboot won’t work ?

Xan

Before opening boclean under each user name i unchecked the always ask before opening this file… Had all three users log in and boclean running then I shut down my computer… Upon restart the same window popped up… Not sure if there is a solution and of course I don’t want to beat this issue to death… If u have any other ideas that’s great and if not I really appreciate all you have done… At least now I can take a screenshot… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Ok, let’s try this way.

1. Uncheck automatic start-up in BoClean
  2. open start : all programs then right click on a map. Then ‘open’. Then open the map : Startup
  3. Make a shortcut from BoClean by rightclicking on it.
  4. Move the shortcut in the startup map

See if this works, if not, we’ll have to uninstall and reinstall I think…

Xan

I think this whole process went sideways right here-

“I shut down boclean and ran the setup”

Instead of swapping out the exe the OP ran it like an installer.
Probably should uninstall reinstall and then swap out the exe.

Perhaps?

Xan,

I did what you said and what that did was open the window twice… After I ran run on the first window and boclean opened the same window opened again…

I uninstalled boclean,did a registry and folder clean,and restarted computer… I installed boclean and replaced the exe file that contained the new icons… restarted the computer again and had the same window pop up… This has to be something with the file that was downloaded from here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmtimn2vwtv

I just swapped out the exe file with the original that I had copied earlier… I am now back to where boclean starts normally without the pop up window… New icons were nice but it appears I will have to live with the old ones… Thanks for all your help and if there are any more ideas I will gladly try them…

Ignore the post I just deleted. I ■■■■■■■ up.

Huh, how ?

Anyway, Donut53 please try the original files again. See if that works ?

Xan

View Profile Email Personal Message (Online)

Re: new tray icons
« Reply #16 on: Today at 02:38:21 PM »
Reply with quote Modify message Remove message
I just swapped out the exe file with the original that I had copied earlier… I am now back to where boclean starts normally without the pop up window… New icons were nice but it appears I will have to live with the old ones… Thanks for all your help and if there are any more ideas I will gladly try them…