New tab wont focus on address bar

Hello!

After this new update on CD version 85.0.4183.121, whenever i open up a new bar, it does not focus on the address bar anymore. Now i have to reclick it, to start writing there.
It does work in Incognito mode.
I have reset everything, even tried without any extensions, reinstalled. Still doesn’t work for me.
Any other suggestions?

Hello, thesebamed!

Thank you for writting us. Could you please provide us more details like what OS are you using, what search engine you have and also are you connected with an user account?

Best regards,
Catalin

Hello!

Im using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC. Version 17763.
Google is my search engine. I am the only user on this PC. No other user accounts.

Also made a new user account just to test it out and even that one has the same problem.

Ok, thank you for your answer. Indeed this is a bug. I reproduced it and found out it happens when you have google as search engine. We will investigate this.

Best regards,
Catalin

Right now i just changed my search engine from google to youtube and it works fine, so i will keep it like this until a fix is found. Thank you for helping to figure out that it was Google that caused it.

Thank you for your feedback, we added this issue as a top priority fix for the next version!