New Packers

Will Cavs 3 be able to handle these packers: 7z, ZIP, RAR, CAB, ARJ, LZH, GZIP, BZIP2, Z, CHM, TAR, CPIO, RPM and DEB? Just curious.

Your question makes me curious too (not the least because I like 7z very much :)). Besides, you make me curious of what you mean by “handle packers”. “Handle” as in able to scan?

/LA

I meant to be able to scan those packers.

Hi,
CHM is the extension of the html help file, CAVS should be able to find malwares within that file (if either all files or the chm file is selected for scan). As i remember, RPM is somehow connected to red hat linux releases (cd-image?), i’m not quite sure why you would like to scan those linux-based files with a windows based scanner, explain it futher, please.
Yet CAVS will only scan within ARJ, CAB, RAR and ZIP files (as i know). But if you can set up CAVS for your own unpacker to scan the files while unpacking, you got a solution.

Arki

The 7-zip program can uncompress those files and thank you. How would I set Cavs to scan my own unpacker to san those files?

Well, i don’t know why CHM is displayed as packed file there (in this case, it can also display DOC, XLS, PPT, etc.).

To get the correct command from the command line utilty, first use the following command (copy&paste to Run…):

cmd /K "%ProgramFiles%\Comodo\Comodo AntiVirus\cavcons.exe"

If you installed CAVS to another directory, please update this command. After you run the above code you will get a command line with the command line utility’s help. Be sure to check out your application’s help file to find out how to add your file name to the scan (wild example: C:\Program Files\Comodo\Comodo AntiVirus\cavcons.exe /D %filewhateverfromprogram).

I don’t know other method i can use here, but i’m not the programmer :).