New Firewall Update malwarebytes detected a trojan downloader in program [FP]

I installed the new update today and restarted my pc after installation and my malwarebytes dected a trojan downloader in the program

16:17:29 Dave DETECTION C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\COMODO INTERNET SECURITY\themes\default.set Trojan.Downloader QUARANTINE
16:17:31 Dave ERROR Quarantine failed: DeleteFile failed with error code 5
16:17:33 Dave DETECTION C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\COMODO INTERNET SECURITY\themes\default.set Trojan.Downloader DENY
16:20:26 Dave DETECTION C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\COMODO INTERNET SECURITY\themes\default.set Trojan.Downloader DENY
16:21:21 Dave DETECTION C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\COMODO INTERNET SECURITY\themes\default.set Trojan.Downloader DENY
16:21:58 Dave DETECTION C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\COMODO INTERNET SECURITY\themes\default.set Trojan.Downloader DENY
16:22:57 Dave DETECTION C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\COMODO INTERNET SECURITY\themes\default.set Trojan.Downloader DENY

And now i have to disable my firewall to connect to the internet but once connected it can be re enabled and work but it dont connect wile the firewall is enabled

Report the FP to MalwareBytes;
xD

Im not sure its a false postive its makeing me scared to use your program now up untill this update it never detected anything

It’s not my program and it is a False Positive

.set is for CIS Themes

Kind Regards

Note: I’ve uploaded my copy of the file
http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=94f10a8969e895824a22ebc1a0b196ad6f735573c91d928942e558f2758c997b-1304543342

Please also upload the file to Virus total to double check

they said it will be fixed in the next update thanks for the response MBAM detects a file from Comodo - File Detections - Malwarebytes Forums

but now my firewall isnt working right

Thats Great! :slight_smile:

Please Run Diagnostics (CIS > More > Diagnostics)

Afterwards if it doesn’t pick up anything could you explain little more in-depth of your issue?

im just going to try reinstalling

Ok Report back if it work’d or not :slight_smile:

it wont let me uninstall it is there an application for uninstallation

Make sure MBAM is disabled temporary; then try again via (Start > Run > appwiz.cpl > CIS > Remove)

If you cannot Please Follow this link

Kind Regards

it still wouldn’t uninstall and i guess i messed up some files with that tool that caused the firewall not to work but stayed installed and it kept me from getting a connection to the internet so i had to reformat :cry: Can you guys work on a better uninstaller maby?

Did you try Uninstaller Tool for Comodo Products?

[at-bypass] Eric; He said he that he tried that, and it messed up…

I’m curious on how; If sargdave could be more in-depth that would help me :slight_smile:

[at-bypass] Sargdave, Could you please tell me how you used the tool? and did it run as Administrator, as well as Your OS and current Security Software?

Thanks

When you need to use the tool to uninstall where there is no uninstaller and CIS is still installed. It is best to run the clean up tool in Windows Safe Mode.

Sometimes it happens that you can’t connect to the internet after uninstalling, using the unofficial clean up tool or trying a manual deinstallation. Then the Inspect driver is still present and needs to be uninstalled.

How to uninstall the CIS firewall driver when it stays present? Look up the properties of the network connection, select the Comodo Firewall driver and uninstall it. See the attached image.

That should cover most of the uninstall problems.