New ESM 1.5 has been issued

So far I am pretty pleased. A lot of features I have been requesting from the beginning are starting to show up.

• The config tool is a nice addition.
  • Task Result Manager is 100 times better.
  • I have been begging for a offline installer and now there is one. Woot!
  • Having the ability to add credentials to the install is a plus for network installs.
  • Having the option for Reboot True or False is extremely nice.
  • The best feature of all that I have been begging for is Local Admin Mode. Thank god this has been added.

So far I am pretty pleased with this update. Good work…Keep it up!

Thank you etaftm, we really appreciate your requests and patience. Pls keep’em coming, we will continue improving ESM.

thanks
Melih

Two things real quick:

First - The Predefined Config for A/V doesn’t work.

Second - How to limit who has local admin to the a/v software. Our users are setup as local admins on the laptops and I don’t want them to have the ability to take control of the software. I want to only allow the Local Admin that I configured to work. Is that possible?

Can someone elaborate on this config tool or configuration manager? The only tool I know of is by right clicking a computer > internet security > custom, or a sequence with a set cis config. This is not new each of these were in the previous release.
What I would like to see is when I get an alert to allow an application; my response is remembered and sent to all machines or sent to a centrally located config file. Is this possible or am I missing something.
Great work on this release guys I like a lot of the new features as etaftm mentions

The Config Tool I mentioned was the ESM Configuration Tool under the All Programs / COMODO. It allows you to start or stop the CESM and also change the connection string to the SQL database. Also change port settings.

Thanks etaftm that looks like it may be of some useful trouble shooting and maintenance uses. I was hoping to see a way to centrally keep a configuration file updated. I’ll go post my ideas in the your thoughts thread.
I love the new task results I do not have one task still executing from months ago anymore and I have not got one event saying my DNS names have changed, I hope it stays that way.

Thanks for you feedback. This feature is not available in ESM 1.5.

We do our best.

Working on it.

At present time users from administrator group can switch CIS to local mode.
Also users from non-admin groups can switch CIS to local mode if administrator allows it with special password.

We will respect your wishes.

Thanks Ratz

Try our new build.
https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-endpoint-security-manager/new-esm-151-has-been-issued-t55562.0.html#new

Try to use Endpoint Security predefined configure.

Btw does your local endpoints have direct access to Internet?