NEW CIS is awesome but..

I like the fact that CIS is light as well and I’m a confirmed COMODO fan but I’m not going to brag on the AV because the fact remains that it’s an inferior option. When V4 arrives I will approach it from a fresh viewpoint but until then the “light” AV is lighter still in my CIS setup…it’s disabled. :-\

I don’t care about an AV…and thus, it is disabled. :slight_smile:

Going to be doing some testing with VMware…so I have to shut down memory-hogging things, like Firefox. ;D *Bye for 30 minutes.#

The only thing that email attachment scanners do is intentionally load the virus into memory (for you) so it can be scanned, removed, etc.

Instead, Comodo waits for YOU to load the virus into memory at which time it is scanned, removed, etc.

So basically we see the same outcome, except Comodo isn’t intentionally sticking its head into the fire… and why should it? Email scanners are just nosy; that’s all. Nosy and resource hogging.

The only thing that email attachment scanners do is intentionally load the virus into memory (for you) so it can be scanned, removed, etc.

Instead, Comodo waits for YOU to load the virus into memory at which time it is scanned, removed, etc.

I like how you worded it, it was better then what I was going to write

An email scanner is nothing more then a marketing ploy. It marketing works. Why not a .pdf file scanner or a office document scanner. <— These sound nice, but any scanner that runs in real-time will get scanned regardless. Besides, they get scanned anyway, but there’s no need to create a seperate scannner that does the same thing anyway.

I never like any programs that scanned your email always slowed mine down loading them even on my new computer.

Wow–how things change. I was reading back through this thread and found how I was previously trashing Avast! (in it’s 4.8 version) and now I’m using the 5.0 version and finding none of the problems I had before. It’s lighter and faster now than Comodo. Since I have grown disillusioned with HIPS and no longer use D+, I feel much safer with the multiple shields of Avast! even if some of them may not be absolutely needed. They do not cause any slowdowns and in the latest testing it is confirmed that Avast! now is one of the lightest products in both resource usage and performance impact out there. I also saw that I used to recommend MSE. I no longer will since it’s a slug in performance and a resource hog despite it’s seeming simplicity and doesn’t even upgrade itself properly to the latest version. I was disappointed with CIS 4 but I’m trying to keep an open mind about the upcoming 2011 version and will be watching closely for developments.

I am just the opposite I find Avasts scanners slowed me down and Comodo cis4 prem is lightening fast on my new computer.

It’s difficult to compare CIS (firewall + antivirus + HIPS) with avast antivirus only, although the antivirus the the most common responsible for slowdowns. I’m using both in two different computer and I’m happy with both :slight_smile:

Kaspersky bogs down the system more than Comodo.

Found that CIS AV is light and runs without hogging the CPU or RAM, unfortunately all of that goodness is negated with the update process, which is slow, unreliable and resource hungry. Until this is resolved, I find it overall better to use Avast.

Maybe in version 5…

Cheers

When I had CIS5 beta running, I was surprised to see how fast the initial av update was. Quite different from previous versions…

+1

+1 I found CIS4.1 was the fastest free av I could find for my system but was resource hungry during DB updates, now I have CIS5 and was totally surprised at how much more responsive my system is and the resources during DB updates is about half that of CIS4.1. For some reason Avast5 really slowed my system worse than Avast4.8 to the point I think it had compatability issues with my old system with xp. I do only have 384mb ram so if any 1 will notice a slow down it will be me. Thumbs, Thumbs and even more thumbs up for CIS5. Kind regards P.S I have tried numerous free avs but always come back to Comodo, now with CIS5 I am here to stay.

I use to use Kasperky and it was was great. However they’ve now become too much like Norton in that the program has accumulated alot of bloat. Parental Control, ‘module scanners’, constant warning messages if you even attempt to use a customised config etc.

I guess that’s one of the problems with becoming too popular (bloat, hand-holding etc) and it is a fate that could befal Comodo if the devs aren’t careful. However, Comodo will always have the trump card for the simple fact that it’s provided for free.

EDIT: As for avast, it slowed my computers to an absolute crawl. Thanks to that pathetic piece of code, applications like IE would take a full minute to load!

a BiG :-TU to Comodo internet security 2011 ;D

I really like CIS V.5 . It’s the best one . Best performance , best security , ,… Great effort .
Other AV only slow down PC like Kaspersky . But Comodo never slow down my PC .

Thanks a lot for this best product.

thank you guys!
really appreciate the kind words.

thanks again

Melih