New CIS 2024 is coming!

how will you prevent the damage when MS Defender fails in detecting?

2 Likes

LOL…I Know that…(its kinda my invention according to google patents :wink: )…I was trying to educate the poster by asking questions :slight_smile:

@Melih

For auto-containment, CCAV had the “Ask” option. Comodo failed to keep its promise to implement it in CIS. Will you provide it in the new CIS?

what ‘ask’ option exactly are you referring to?

1 Like

yes we will have those, we wont lose any functionality

3 Likes
  1. Yes since we have started development for CIS too, we have also plans to merge new features and options from Xcitium to the Comodo version too.
  2. Not on initial version but we will continuously update our Scan Engines to the recent ones too. On Xcitium, we have invested significant time to improve CAVSE for performance and also extensive support for different formats/packers/unpackers etc. Those will be merged too.
  3. We are on VT as Xcitium, I think you are asking for Comodo, yes that is also in our plans
  4. Not in the initial scope
  5. Sorry CIS 2024 can not support Win 7, Win 8 due to MS changed its code signing mechanism. 8.1 will be supported after KB5006714.
  6. We will bring Valkyrie Verdict subscription as regular as well as priority options. So you will have Kill-Chain report for uploaded samples also.
4 Likes

I just checked the forum for no reason after a LONG time, and surprised to see this update and forum revamp… with one of THE worse forum UI I’ve seen some other sites use, but whatever, I’ve given up on people understanding what good UI/UX is a long time ago (I’m a game developer, trust me).

I’m just happy that Comodo is finally getting an update. I just hope 2024 release is still compatible with Windows 10 LTSC (21H2) and will be free as well, since I’ve converted quite a few people I know over to Comodo with the free Firewall+Antivirus combo.

PS: Is there a newsletter or something we can sign up for, so we know when new Comodo is released?

1 Like

I agree with you on forums, looks more like hospital than discussion board.

Under Settings-

CCAV had ask, auto-contain, and block options for unknown installers and unknown files.

CIS has the “ask” (show alert) option for unknown installers but not for unknown files.

Will you provide the “ask” (show alert) option for unknown files in the new CIS?

i remember this and remember some topics requesting this and remember too it getting ignored. so… lets just be happy cis is not dead as it seems by what mellih said…

If Ms Defender misses anything, Comodo firewall’s containment will catch it.

Your point? We’re talking about the theme. In the future I ask you not make any irrelevant comments to me. Thank you.

DrAlrek is replying to a post by Melih and not replying to you as his post shows. Melih’s post was from before the focus went to the UI. I see no indication that he is responding to you; also your before last post was two days ago and that was about CIS v5 .

Also the focus of the topic at the time of posting was not at the UI. Please stay on topic and try not to pick fights that are not there.

Where can I see sent private messages?

1 Like

ah…I see…you put “containment” in “Firewall”…
you are right it will…

Lets create a wish list where we can start adding these wishlists and make sure @ozer.metin knows all this pls…

2 Likes

No, it shows up as a direct reply to my post. I even got a notification for it. It was a reply to me. I also wasn’t picking a fight. I asked to not be bothered with irrelevant points. That’s proactively avoiding a fight. I replied to a post that was talking about the theme of version 5 and I said I also liked it. I don’t care what the discussion “at the time” was. This thread is about the new version and the theme is still relevant even a very long two days later.

yes I have carried some of the requests already here : Feature Requests For CIS | Comodo

Please add new ones and also vote for existing requests.

6 Likes

Will there be a 32 bit version?