New CIS 2024 is coming!

Hi CISfan the installer wont either run or wont install CIS 2024 on these versions.Kindly install Windows 10 or Higher to install CIS 2024

Thanks 1807

Is CIS 2024 build from scratch (totally new) code base?
So no re-use of V12.x code base?

CIS 2024 will be multilingual, with all languages from previous versions?

Hi CISfan yes V12 code will be but new version.

Thanks 1807

Hi megaherz33 yes all previous languages will be integrated + maybe some new ones

Thanks 1807

1 Like

Hi all and @1807

Thank you very much for your infos but I have write the questions see the post from 21 Feb from me and the answers from Ozer metin with thisanswers from 21 Feb

My questions are

Will you add some Features, Options and Functions from Xcitium to the Comodo Version

Will you add the Xcitium Scan Engines to the Comodo Version

Will you add the Comodo Xcitium Scan Engines to virustotal

Will you release a Beta Multilanguage Beta Version as example german language vVersion

Will it be compatible with Wind 7,8,8.1

How can we send Comodo and Xcitium samples for check

Ozer metins answers are

Yes since we have started development for CIS too, we have also plans to merge new features and options from Xcitium to the Comodo version too.
Not on initial version but we will continuously update our Scan Engines to the recent ones too. On Xcitium, we have invested significant time to improve CAVSE for performance and also extensive support for different formats/packers/unpackers etc. Those will be merged too.
We are on VT as Xcitium, I think you are asking for Comodo, yes that is also in our plans
Not in the initial scope
Sorry CIS 2024 can not support Win 7, Win 8 due to MS changed its code signing mechanism. 8.1 will be supported after KB5006714.
We will bring Valkyrie Verdict subscription as regular as well as priority options. So you will have Kill-Chain report for uploaded samples also.

Windows 8.1 will work

Mops21

Hi Mops21 but Windows 8.1 ended support so pretty much it will not work

Thanks 1807

Still no feedback on which bugs have been or will be fixed in CIS 2024.
Most likely the (very) old bugs will still remain in CIS 2024 so it’s not worthwhile to switch from Windows 7 to Windows 10 .

Any news on links to the offline installer for the new CIS?

Hi CISfan CIS 2024 will be released very soon and the List of current bugs will be fixed

Thanks 1807

Hi ZedRM CIS 2024 will come very soon and you will see the installer

Thanks 1807

1 Like

Will all bug fixes be included in the CIS 2024 Release Notes ?

Hi CISfan yes all bugs will be fixed in the Release Notes

Thanks 1807

This is just foolish.

What is this registry issue?

Please read my old posts and my bug reports, you will find out.
Many CIS users raised complains about it over the past decades but nothing happened in decades to fix this bug.
In CIS 2024 this bug will be fixed they say. But as always, seeing is believing.

@1807 You repeatedly emphasized that the new version will be released soon, but how soon? One day, days, one week, weeks, one month, or months?

Hi Redstraw the team said very soon so probably before September or in September

Thanks 1807

Hi guys, it’s finally here. Checkout Exciting News: Comodo Internet Security 2024 Beta Now Open for Testing!

3 Likes

@CISfan Hi are you happy now that CIS 2024 is finally released for beta?

Thanks 1807

1 Like