Network path was not found

When trying to install the agent on a managed computer i get this error : network path was not found error code 0x80070035. I am able to ping the targeted machine and connect to it from the admin console. Any ideas please ?

Are you ping by workstation name or by ip ? And what about workstation OS ?

Even We faced The Issue While Installing The Remote Agent And We Fixed It. Inorder To Help You Out, I Would Request You To Follow The Below Mentioned Steps And Update Me With The Error

Steps To be Followed:

1. Go To The PC Where You Have Installed CESM

2. Open The Command Prompt

3. type The Command "net view
    eg:- net view 192.168.200.28

4. Note Whats The Error Message You Get
    eg: C:>net view 192.168.201.28
    System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied.
       C:\>

5. Post The System Error You Get And I Will Let You Know What Has To be Done According To The Error

I’m having this issue.

Agent installation failed. Error=80070035 (The network path was not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070035)) at phase=e_connect

I also got this error on the 2nd XP machine I tired:

Agent installation failed. Error=80070005 (Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))) at phase=e_copyfiles
I joined it to the domain, readded it to the Computers list, and tried to deploy the agent again. Now I get the first error msg on this one too.

I turned off “simple file sharing” just to see if that would work, now I get this error just after hitting OK to the install agent dialog:

6/26/2009 6:04:20 PMNo such host is knownSystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known

Server stack trace:
at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)
at CRM.SrvCore.Directory.DirectorySubSystem.Resolve(IComputer computer)
at CRM.SrvCore.DescentSubSystem.RemoteIntallerJob.Start()
at CRM.SrvCore.DescentSubSystem.DoCreateJob(String package, IComputer computer, String login, String password, String decsentParams, Boolean isUndescent)
at CRM.SrvCore.DescentSubSystem.DoDescent(String package, IComputer computer, String login, String password)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at CRM.SrvCore.IDescentSubSystem.DescentOnFolder(String packageName, IDirectoryItem item, String login, String password)
at CRM.ConApplication.Proxies.DescentProxy.DescentOnFolder(String packageName, IDirectoryItem item, String login, String password)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [1]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at CRM.ConApplication.Proxies.DescentProxy.DescentOnFolderDelegate.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at CRM.ConApplication.Dialogs.DescentDialog.OnEndDescentFolder(IAsyncResult ar)

After that error it seems to have giving up even trying to deploy on any subsequent attempts now, no errors, no signs of successful deployment.

So far the only machine I was able to install the agent on was the server the Manager is installed to.

The workstations are all XP x86, the server is Srv2k8 x64.

The Error 80070005 issue occurs due to insufficient permissions (even if you are a administrator) to the registry key which has to be modified by the installation…

Try Installing After Resetting The Registry Permissions on the 2nd PC

if possible, do the steps mentioned on my first post on this topic and update us

I know why it’s not working on that first machine now, srv2k8 is having issues resolving the name for that comp.

Which registry key would that be?

But that’s not the problem anymore. Now it doesn’t even try to deploy the agent install to that machine, no error, no status change, nothing.

here’s the out put from net view, its the same for the ip and name of the machine I cannot get the agent to install to.

C:\Users\josh>net view ********** Shared resources at **********

Share name Type Used as Comment

share Disk
The command completed successfully.

I’ve rebooted the server and tried again on #2, got this error (same as before I think) then it stopped trying again:

6/27/2009 10:53:03 AMNo such host is knownSystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known

Server stack trace:
at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)
at CRM.SrvCore.Directory.DirectorySubSystem.Resolve(IComputer computer)
at CRM.SrvCore.DescentSubSystem.RemoteIntallerJob.Start()
at CRM.SrvCore.DescentSubSystem.DoCreateJob(String package, IComputer computer, String login, String password, String decsentParams, Boolean isUndescent)
at CRM.SrvCore.DescentSubSystem.DoDescent(String package, IComputer computer, String login, String password)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at CRM.SrvCore.IDescentSubSystem.DescentOnFolder(String packageName, IDirectoryItem item, String login, String password)
at CRM.ConApplication.Proxies.DescentProxy.DescentOnFolder(String packageName, IDirectoryItem item, String login, String password)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [1]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at CRM.ConApplication.Proxies.DescentProxy.DescentOnFolderDelegate.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at CRM.ConApplication.Dialogs.DescentDialog.OnEndDescentFolder(IAsyncResult ar)

Hi,

I just tried to reproduce the error message and I was successful in getting the same error by disabling the Netbios on the client PC in which i tried To install the Agent Service.

So can try checking the Netbios had been enabled in the local network settings.

I have Netbios enabled on both machines and the server.

I figured out why it could not see the first machine, Server 2k8 wasn’t doing to name loop up right. Both DNS had correct entries for that comp, but 2k8 was pulling out some random IP, even after a few reboots. I ended up installing its DNS role and seting up a static entry for that comp :S

Machine 2 (the one with that error) I got working by installing the agent manually and setting it to use the the DNS on the CESM server.

Machine 1 had a new problem yesterday, the CIS firewall randomly blocked all traffic to the agent and CIS itself and I had to uninstall CIS. There were no requests from that comp, I just came in that morning, found it not active on the console and I couldn’t connect to or from that machine anymore.

And what version of CIS was installed on that machine?

CIS: 3.8.482.32_x32
CESM: 1.2.1994.34_x64

It seems, you’ve applied empty CIS configuration to that machine.

If you try to perform SET CONFIG action for CESM it creates empty configuration, which does not contain exclusions for CESM Agent. Sometimes when users want to change some small option in CIS, they just make set config action with necessary option set. Actually, CESM overwrites previous settings.

I had and it was working fine for the 2 days before. I came in that morning and it would not talk to the server.