Network Monitor won't obey me

I searched and searched this message board, followed the tutorials step-by-step, but the ports I opened for Azureus and eMule are closed. I set each port open and moved them to the top, but I’m still downloading othing with Azureus and it’s test shows the port closed (but okay with the firewall turned off) and the same thing with the two ports I need open for eMule. Obviously, I don’t want to turn off my firewall while downloading, so what do I do?

I’ve been around the block, so to speak, with firewalls over the years, and I’ve never seen one nag the user so much either. I’ve had to allow Firefox 24 times today after installing Comodo yesterday – that’s no exaggeration. There are several others I’ve had to allow several times as well. Yes, I made sure to check “remember” when I clicked allow. So why does it keep asking me to allow it? Is there any setting you can change, besides turning off application monitoring? If some app is trying to connect to the internet when I didn’t tell it to I want to know.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I’ve been struggling with this all day.

-Misty

Component Control rules perhaps? In that menu, click the column header called “Company” to sort them alphabetically and then scroll down to the bottom of the list to “Mozilla Foundation” and “Netscape Communications Corporation” where it concerns Firefox. Permissions should be set to “Allow” for all of those.