Hey there Comodo peeps!
let me say i really love your free internet security product, i give it a two thumbs up!
but for some reason it wont let me update the virus signatures. it keeps saying unable to update, even if i try it manually or automatically. I am running the x64 bit version of CIS. If you can help me that would be really appreciated, i want to get my comodo updated and running to its fullest potential! Thanks!
it doesnt have any virus update installed. since i installed the program ive been having the same problem as a bunch of other people, it starts to update but then stalls at 30%. ive tried a manual update, nothing, ive tried an auto update, nothing. i dont know what to do. any suggestions?
After a fresh install of CIS there is a big download for the AV database with approx size 34 MB. During that process the progress indicator will stay at 30% for a considerable amount time. This confuses many people. When the update speed is slow it seems to take forever.
well im trying to update it, it still is stuck at 30% though. Honestly, I deleted Comodo a couple weeks back when I was having this problem because I just didn’t like the fact that it wasn’t updating, but I couldn’t hold myself back from re-downloading it, so here I am stuck again at 30%. Everytime it tries to update it says update failed. I don’t know what to do anymore. I have read through these forums like crazy looking for a solution. If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated. I will keep trying to update but I don’t know why it’s not letting me.
After installing CIS it will have to download approx 40 MB of AV updates. During this process the progress indicator will stay at 30 % for a long time. In the case the download of the update is slow, being on dial up for example, it will stay at 30% even longer.
Please be patient with it. Sorry I have no better news for you.
After clean-install the AV-updater took a break at 30% at mine too.
Just look at your Network-Traffic-Monitor (ComodoOverview-GUI) there you should find a process called updatemanager or something like that and this one should still receiving data. So you see it is still working.
I guess I updated in time with many others so I took 1 hour to complete.