Need Clarification on System Requirements.

The latest Icedragon shows system requirements as 32/64 bit Vista. I have 64 bit Vista w/SP2 installed on an old laptop. I have downloaded and installed it, but it will not run. I get message…

C:\ProgramFiles(x86)Comodo\Icedragon\icedragon.exe is not a valid win32 application.

Can anyone explain this? I have tried downloading the 32 bit and 64 bit version, and I get the same message. Can I or Can I NOT run this program?

Can you check the file hashes of both files with the hashes in the release topic?

Do you have a security program that could interfere when trying to execute the installer?

Sorry…Hashes??? I have downloaded this from Comodo’s web site, FileHippo.com and MajorGeeks.com. Both 32 and 64 bit versions. All are giving me this message.

No security programs. Removed Panda, turned off Defender and Firewall.

I wondered if the downloaded file may have gotten corrupted hence why I asked to check the file hashes.

Are there other people in the America’s also experiencing this? I cannot test because I am from the Netherlands and I will get the files from the Europe branch of Comodo’s CDN and not from the branch of the America’s.

YES - I am in US and having the same problem on 32bit XP.

Firefox no longer supports XP and Vista after version 52.9. The same is true for CID.