Mysterously crashed[Resolved]

Just had CBOclean mysterously crash on me (crash report attached). When I tried to re-start CBOclean got a message saying BOC425.XVU was corrupt (see attached screenshot), clicked ok - however this message kept reappearing until I eventually killed the process in the task manager.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

Jim

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Jim,

You might want to look at posts referring to DATABASE IS CORRUPTED here:

You’ll want to search for and delete any .xvu files and then attempt another update.
Are you using Vista?

I am using Windows XP Pro. Followed those steps and got CBOclean back on its feet. But just wondering why CBOclean would suddenly crash, there was nothing in its log report. Does the crash dump file give anything away? I’m not really sure what I’m looking at.

Also I kept getting the database corrupt prompt when clicking OK.

Thanks,

Jim

Good deal, you might have been able to use the roll back update feature but I wasn’t sure of your OS and Vista seems to not recover as well after a database corruption using this feature.

But just wondering why CBOclean would suddenly crash, there was nothing in its log report. Does the crash dump file give anything away? I'm not really sure what I'm looking at.

I’m not sure either, my guess is that a program was doing something in memory that interfered with CBOC’s scan. What other security apps are you using?
You might want to create a ticket with support and submit the dump to them to see if they have a definitive answer.

I am running:
CMF 2.0.1.6 RC
CFP 3.0.14.276
CBOclean 4.25
AVG Free 7.5.516

I have also submitted a support ticket with the crash dump, I will report back when I receive a reply.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim,

CMG is now CMF? Sheesh! 88)
There seems to be an issue/conflict between BOClean and CMF/G that may be your issue.
Please keep us informed, thanks!

Hi,

I have received an answer already! That was quick! This is the official from Comodo:

Thank you for contacting Comodo

Sometimes it is possible to get a bad download - usually the very last packet getting somehow dropped.

BOClean checks its database before starting it and it has to be good.

Note: Stop BOCore and BOC425 before this fix will work

Whenever this situation arises, the solution is to go to the start menu, programs listing, look for the COMODO group, COMODO BOClean and in there, is an item marked “Updater.” If selected, the updater will go fetch another copy of the database.

Start BOClean again and it should work.

Jim

Glad we could clear that up for you Jim.
I’ll mark this as resolved and lock it up.
If you need it reopened IM a mod.
Thanks again for your time.