missing a "Permissions" manifest attribute??

Thanks for allowing me to join the forum.

I’m not sure this is the correct forum for this question but it seemed close … I thought it was probably better than putting it in the General Discussion.

I have been working through the steps of creating a .jar file and signing it and adding it to my project. I should mention that I am building this for an embedded web server. The code is running in a Nios processor inside an Altera FPGA. So, I don’t really have a file system per se.

This is a pretty mature product but we’ve never used signed files and as you well know running unsigned applets is getting harder and harder to do, it’s driving our customers crazy so we really need to learn how to sign the applets and revise the code.

I’ve combined three .class files into a .jar file. I’ve used jarsigner and the code signing certificate from Comodo to sign it. (Currently using SHA-1, I think I need to switch to SHA-2 … but that’s a different story).

Since this is an embedded webserver I then take the signed jar files and all my .htm and .xml and .png files and run them through a perl script that creates a big .h of constant strings file that I can compile into my code.

So, the error I get when I try to run the applet on my web server is “Your security settings have blocked an application from running due to missing a “Permissions” manifest attribute in the main jar.” I know that there may be a MANIFEST.MF files … somewhere, I’m not using one now. Is there some attribute missing when I create the .jar file? The command I use to create it is:
jar cvf0 myjar.jar applet1.class applet2.class applet3.class

Disclaimer: I apologize for (probably) using incorrect terminology. I’m not a Java programmer, I’m an embedded microcontroller programmer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike