Microsoft Edge can not open any website or page when sandboxed

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
Yes, everytime.

If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened:
1: Open the msedge.exe in the sandbox by either right click on it or just in the virtual desktop of CIS (the Edge is the integrated web browser in the latest Windows 10 OS, which is a Chromium based edge version developed by Microsoft) .
2: Then trying to open any website.
3: Check whether the website or page can be correctly opened.

One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
The checked website or page in the above step can not be opened.

One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
The website or page should be correctly opened with the Edge browser when it is sandboxed by CIS.

If a software compatibility problem have you tried the advice to make programs work with CIS?:
I think CIS has some compatibility issues with the Edge browser.

Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
N/A

Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc:
The other browsers , like IE, Chrome and firefox work correctly when sandboxed with CIS.

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
v12.2.2.8012, COMODO - Internet Security

Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
All components are enable except HIPS.

Have you made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
No.

Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5, 6 or 7?:
No. The CIS was installed cleanly.

Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
No.

OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
Windows 10 x64 21H1 (19043.1110).
UAC enabled with administrator account.
No virtual machine is used.

Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
No.

The required files are zipped and attached.

Hi Redstraw,

Thank you for bringing this to our notice, we will report this to the related team.

Hi C.O.M.O.D.O RT,

Is there any progress to share on this issue?

Hi Redstraw,

The backend team is working on it, we will update you.

If you have verified this issue, could you please move this thread to the “Format verified Issue Reports - CIS” section?

Dear,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the Comodo CIS, my favorite security software.

I have put the Opera browser as restricted (partially limited) in containment and it is working fine. However, I tried to run Microsoft Edge Browser virtually or restricted, but it does not allow it, attached.

Regards,

P.S. My suggestion is virus protection for PDF format. I would like to make and save changes in the PDF, e.g. annotations, without alerts but blocking anything else. I got a terible malware from Media format and none of the popular AV could save me.

Hi Angel,

Thank you for reporting, we will check and update you.
Could you please share us the below details ?

1. cis version ?
  2. Win version along with system bit type ?
  3. Microsoft edge version ?
  4. Is there any other security software installed on your machine other than CIS ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi C.O.M.O.D.O RT, thanks for the reply

1. Comodo Internet Security Pro 12.2.4.8032
  2. Windows 10 Home, version 21H1, 64 bits
  3. Microsoft Edge Version 103.0.1264.37 (Official build) (64-bit)
  4. No

P.S. I love CIS. Any other Browser containment works fine, including internet explorer. I did a crazy test now saving only the file ‘msedge.exe’ to the desktop and I couldn’t run containment on it either.

Hi Angel,

Thank you for providing the requested information, we will check and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

P.S. I love CIS. Any other Browser containment works fine, including internet explorer. I did a crazy test now saving only the file 'msedge.exe' to the desktop and I couldn't run containment on it either.
Hi Angel,

We are aware of this issue and reported to the dev team.
The team is working on fixing it.
We will keep you posted.

Dear,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the Comodo CIS, my favorite security software.

I have put the Opera browser as restricted (partially limited) in containment and it is working fine. However, I tried to run Microsoft Edge Browser virtually or restricted, but it does not allow it, attached.

Regards,

P.S. My suggestion is virus protection for PDF format. I would like to make and save changes in the PDF, e.g. annotations, without alerts but blocking anything else. I got a terible malware from Media format and none of the popular AV could save me.

And we are checking on this.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT