[Merged] Comodo update options

I have several suggestions which would be best placed in a single topic, but due to the forum guidelines I’ll make one suggestion per thread. First suggestion:

Comodo Dragon provides an option to disable automatic updates. Unfortunately it still reminds you that an update is available, every single time you open the browser. Disabling automatic updates implies you aren’t going to update, there needs to be a third option to disable autoupdates as well as stopping the update reminders. Of course there should be an option to manually check for updates, but the constant popup reminder is very annoying. I can understand the need to be kept up to date for security reasons, but if you are on an extremely limited internet connection of say, 1GB monthly cap, divided between several persons, you simply cannot have your browsers autoupdating, especially if they do so on multiple computers on your local network. Under those circumstances it is better to manually download updates periodically and distribute them through the local network yourself.
Mod edit: Added [Merged] to the title, Captainsticks.

Hello,

I’d like an option to disable the notification for updates, when the browser is launched. I’m running in portable mode and am the kind of person who prefers checking for new versions manually. :slight_smile:

Thanks Sixtyfour,
+1 for this idea.
The ability to disable the update check and notification, should be part of the disable automatic updates function IMO.

I realised I missed to turn this into a poll, as it says in the guideline. Can the poll be added afterwards ?

I also just saw that there is a similiar topic, “https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cd/comodo-update-options-t85613.0.html” which already has a poll. Perhaps my thread should be merged with that one ?

Hi Sixtyfour,
Yes it can.

I also just saw that there is a similiar topic, "https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cd/comodo-update-options-t85613.0.html" which already has a poll. Perhaps my thread should be merged with that one ?
I have merged the two, because they are requesting the same wish. Thanks.