many problems--help with them please

3 problems I’m facing:

1.) I am failing the PCFlank leaktest. I have IE set to allow TCP out on 80 and 443, and UDP out on 53 and UDP out from 1024-4999. This is it. Yet PCFLank leaktest fails evevrytime. EVEN if I do not allow anything.

2.) Is there a way to stop rule requests from popping up? THIS DRIVES ME NUTS. I have rules set to block (e.g., realplayer). But I keep getting rule requests for the rules that I have specifically blocked.

3.) Why do I get rule requests for rules that I have specifically authrorized. I have allows TCP out on 443 for IE. Yet I often get a rule request for TCP out on 443 despite this.

any help would be much appreciated.

1.) I am failing the PCFlank leaktest. I have IE set to allow TCP out on 80 and 443, and UDP out on 53 and UDP out from 1024-4999. This is it. Yet PCFLank leaktest fails evevrytime. EVEN if I do not allow anything.

ROFMAO.

The PCFlankTest is intrinsicly flawed. The result simply cannot be trusted, as it will report that data has leaked EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET AT ALL.

I believe that it is checking whether it can contact a network adaptor, not whether it can get to the outside world.

I suppose we should be grateful it can at least find the local loopback adaptor. :wink:

Ewen :slight_smile: