Malware "Double Agent" patch?

hello

please, i asking question, addressed to Comodo Experts.

today, accidentally searching about malware’s which everyday we read all over the news and public speaking, i found something “strange” for me: new malware called “DoubleAgent” can hack tens different antivirus program by different company’s including Comodo. Just like Kaspersky firm hacked Kaspersky Lab cybersecurity firm is hacked - BBC News

Below are some links.

• DO USERS ARE IN DANGER ABOUT THIS COMODO “DEFECT” ?
  • DO COMODO PATCHED THIS BUG (“DEFECT”) ?

i use comodo premium…

The BBC article is from 2015 and the 2017 Wired states:

Update March 23, 2017 5:30 pm: Four of the named antivirus vendors contacted WIRED with statements about DoubleAgent. Both Kaspersky Lab and Avast say they have patched the bug. Comodo says that its antivirus’s default protections already negated the attack. Symantec says that its Norton Security products were not vulnerable, but adds that it has “developed and deployed additional detection and blocking protections to users in the unlikely event they are targeted.”

Already discussed here: https://forums.comodo.com/general-discussion-off-topic-anything-and-everything/new-attack-uses-microsofts-application-verifier-to-hijack-antivirus-software-t118521.0.html

GREAT ! :wink:

Better to make sure that bad boys cant do anything bad. Great!