Make The IP Address In Firewall Popup Able To Be Copied [M66]

1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:
Comodo Free Firewall 5732.83

2. What actually happened or you saw:
In the long run, it is exhausting to write down the IP address in popup alerts, and that is what I saw.

3. What you wanted to happen or see:
I wanted all popup alerts to show a “Copy IP to clipboard” button so that I can fetch the IP address easily without having to type it manually. Alternatively, the IP address should at least be able to be copied by highlighting, as is the program version.

4. Why you think it is desirable:
Inconvenience makes the world less secure. If the user have easy access to an IP address through the clipboard, chances are probably doubled that he will check who the IP address belong to, and in that regard doubles the security just because of convenience and ease of access to the IP address.

5. Any other information:
The copy option could perhaps be just a small graphical icon beside the IP address in the popup alert. This would be preferable, although if that’s not possible it would be useful to at least have the ability to copy the IP address in some other easy way.

1 Like

It would be best if CIS included automatic Reverse DNS Lookup, which has already been forwarded to the devs as a wish. However, if that is not possible this would be very useful.

Just to check, is it currently possible to highlight the IP address shown and copy it with ctrl-C? I ask because I have not tried this myself.

Thanks.

I don’t think so, I’ve been forced to type it out every time…

Sanya, thank you for pointing that out.

Fiwarelli, I have updated the first post, the title, and added a poll. Please look it over and see if it accurately reflects your wish. If it does then I can forward this to the Waiting Area for voting.

Thanks.

All ok

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now reset the poll and moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

Voted. :-TU

One other is not a substitute. Because the IP address may need, for example, to send it to the sniffer to control traffic

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As it is not possible for the future votes to exceed the limit of 5 neutral or negative, I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.

• 1 for automatic Reverse DNS Lookup :slight_smile:

Voted :-TU

100% agree.
We can’t even mark and copy the IP address in the Firewall Popup by hand, which should be the bare minimum so we can quickly look up the DNS Name/Owner/etc.

It should be either:

• have a “copy to clipboard” button
  • be selectable with the mouse (and then use CTRL+C for copy to clipboard)
  • provide a button to do the Name Lookup (bare minimum, because people still might want the IP address for use in another Program/Website or just save it in a Text file).

Please add this Feature, I’ve been wanting this for years…
It’s very inconvenient having to type all these IP addresses manually

For info: Firewall Comodo > IP_DNS_Whois

1 Like

Hi Rittmeister,

Thank you for reporting.
We will check and report this to the team.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

1 Like