Machine slows to a crawl when logging in

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
100% of the time

If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened:
1:Upgraded to eSet 6.4.x release to 7.3.2044.0 on five machines running both eSet and Comodo. Four were fine.
2:Login takes a couple of hours to complete on the fifth machine.

One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
Machine is extremely slow on login.

One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
Normal login like the other machines.

If a software compatibility problem have you tried the advice to make programs work with CIS?:
Haven’t uninstalled anything, not completely sure this is a firewall bug.

Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
eSet Antvirus.

Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc:
In the event log, I see at least 9 of these errors in each boot cycle

The COMODO Internet Security Helper Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this X time(s).

When login completes, Comodo complains that its unable to start and I see these two errors

where X is the number of occurrences.

• stack overflow in sihost
  • Unable to create child process

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:

Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
Firewall

Have you made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
No
Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5, 6 or 7?:
No
if so, have you tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
?
Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
No
if so, have you tried a standard config - if not please do:
?
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
Windows 10 64-bit (haven’t done the 2020 2H update yet, ran into this issue right before the update)

Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
a=eSet Antivirus b=?

C. ATTACH REQUIRED FILES (delete this section (section C) after attaching required files)
Always attach the diagnostics file (instructions on how to do this provided here) and the KillSwitch Process List (instructions on how to do that provided here) and put the resulting file in a zip file. Both should then be attached to your post.
Note that additional information may be requested by the processing Moderator.

I looked at this thread

https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/after-cis-installed-computer-takes-40-minues-to-fully-load-windows-desktop-t126095.0.html

and while similar, the version he reports as working is problematic for me so I’m unsure it’s the same issue.

Also, is there a way to either disable or uninstall the firewall from the command prompt in safe mode? Its very hard to login with this slowdown.

Was able to uninstal Comodo and the problem immediately went away. Installed 12.2.2.7036 and haven’t had an issue since then.

Today, I discovered another machine running 12.0.0.0.6818 but this had a cmddata file that was 272GB! I wonder if these two issues are related? The cmddata file filled all usable space and there was no room for the swap file?

NOTE: Two antivirus mainly when are robust as comodo and eset (i use comodo internet security since 2006 and never had problems);
“cmddata” can increase your size when incident or conflict occours…
avoid the use programs or softwares outdated;
not use more to two softwares security or sooner or later you will have problems in your PC or device…

wait devs, they know more… :-TU

sorry my english!

Indeed could be a conflict with ESET Antivirus as it is a complex solution (includes a HIPS module when Comodo also have HIPS).

Although I don’t advise running Comodo and ESET together (high probability of conflict), if you face conflicts between both you can do the following:

Also leave only 1 HIPS module enabled (either Comodo or ESET, not both).