MAC/Linux Endpoints (CESM 3.0.60124.3 feedback)

Important Notice Related to this Feedback: For testing purposes all type firewalls have been disabled in Router, ESM Server, and each endpoint.

MAC questions:
. Remote session is not working. I dont know if this option is by this far not available? The menu option is available, so that makes me thinks its maybe possible. When I right-click the endpoint and select OPEN REMOTE SESSION. Then I get the following error:
noVNC ready: native WebSockets, canvas rendering…Connect timeout
. Once the agent is installed, the host (ESM Server) name or IP address cannot be change. At least I dont find the way to do it. Should I reinstalled the Agent for that purpose?

MAC feedback:
. INTERNET SECURITY, remove this option for MAC since it shows nothing for obvious reasons (only for Windows OS).
. APPLICATIONS, it shows blank when using MAC.
. DAEMONS, it shows a list of stopped and running daemons. Could there be an enable/disable option to hide the stopped daemons? This way the list is reduced and easier for targeting.
. DAEMONS, if the list is order by STATUS, the list is re-ordered back by NAME once the REFRESH button is clicked. I think it should stay with the order selected by admin because its easier to target a process after executing an action.
. SYSTEM PROCESSES, if the list is order by IMAGE NAME, the list is re-ordered back by CPU USAGE once the REFRESH button is clicked. I think it should stay with the order selected by admin because its easier to target a process after executing an action.
. SYSTEM DRIVES, deleting a file works but deleting a folder doesn’t.
. SYSTEM DRIVES, multiple selection is not possible. To delete several files, each file has to be deleted.
. SYSTEM DRIVES > GET LARGEST FILES is not enabled to be used for MAC endpoints.

LINUX questions:
. Installing the offline agent won’t allow to enter the ESM server hostname or IP address. It detects automatically the server. What if in my infrastructure I have 2 or more ESM Servers? How will I be able to assign the Linux Endpoint to the specific ESM Server? This would affect also when a laptop with linux leaves the LAN, how will it detect the ESM Server when is in connected in a Restaurant, Airport, etc?
. File named CESMAGENTSETUP.DEB appears after installing the agent. Could that file be deleted after setup? I suppose yes?
. Remote session is not working. I dont know if this option is by this far not available? The menu option is available, so that makes me thinks its maybe possible. When I right-click the endpoint and select OPEN REMOTE SESSION. Then I get the following error:
Failed to connect to server (code: 1006)

LINUX feedback:
. INTERNET SECURITY, remove this option for LINUX since it shows nothing for obvious reasons (only for Windows OS).
. DAEMONS, it shows a list of stopped and running daemons. Could there be an enable/disable option to hide the stopped daemons? This way the list is reduced and easier for targeting.
. DAEMONS, if the list is order by STATUS, the list is re-ordered back by NAME once the REFRESH button is clicked. I think it should stay with the order selected by admin because its easier to target a process after executing an action.
. SYSTEM PROCESSES, if the list is order by IMAGE NAME, the list is re-ordered back by CPU USAGE once the REFRESH button is clicked. I think it should stay with the order selected by admin because its easier to target a process after executing an action.
. SYSTEM DRIVES, deleting a file doesn’t work, neither folders. I get the following error: “Unable to delete file. An error occurred while deleting the file: Can’t get file attributes.”
. SYSTEM DRIVES > GET LARGEST FILES is not enabled to be used for LINUX endpoints.

General suggestions:
. To be able to empty the trash bin in MAC, LINUX and WINDOWS endpoints.
. There is no a way for an administrator to change to another endpoint while reviewing an endpoint’s drives, processes, daemons, applications, etc. The administrator has to leave the endpoint information, to the computers list and select the new computer. Jumping from Computer to Computer, within the details of “x” or “y” computer would save lots of time.
. Please, when possible, change the drop down menu for Computers, Groups, Policies, Applications, Reports, About, Logout. Its annoying to select a main option by SELECT in a drop down menu. Why dont you do something more practical, like this? It can hide/show automatically when mouse is on top of the screen or left side of screen (something like UNITY in Ubuntu).
. The SEARCH input its located in the general bar and that way is not intuitive (see image below). I though it was there to search for another computer. It should be located within the views or spaces where it is designed to work and give results.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,

To answer your questions:-

Remote session is not working. I dont know if this option is by this far not available
- Not yet but coming soon
Should I reinstalled the Agent for that purpose?
Yes please, we are workign on being able to deploy to Macs & Linux from the ESM console in time for the public release but if we haven't quite cracked it we will make this available as an upgrade a bit later
INTERNET SECURITY, remove this option for MAC since it shows nothing for obvious reasons (only for Windows OS).
Says who? Keep an eye on the boards - you will soon be able to manage CAVM (Comodo Antivirus for Mac) from ESM
APPLICATIONS, it shows blank when using MAC.
I don't have a Mac to play with so I'll pass this on to the devs
DAEMONS, it shows a list of stopped and running daemons. Could there be an enable/disable option to hide the stopped daemons? This way the list is reduced and easier for targeting.
I don't see why not. I'll put it on the to-do list :)
DAEMONS, if the list is order by STATUS, the list is re-ordered back by NAME once the REFRESH button is clicked. I think it should stay with the order selected by admin because its easier to target a process after executing an action.
Same answer as above
SYSTEM PROCESSES, if the list is order by IMAGE NAME, the list is re-ordered back by CPU USAGE once the REFRESH button is clicked. I think it should stay with the order selected by admin because its easier to target a process after executing an action.
Same again
SYSTEM DRIVES, deleting a file works but deleting a folder doesn't.
SYSTEM DRIVES, multiple selection is not possible. To delete several files, each file has to be deleted.
SYSTEM DRIVES > GET LARGEST FILES is not enabled to be used for MAC endpoints.
For the devs...
Installing the offline agent won't allow to enter the ESM server hostname or IP address.
run the installer like this :- ./DebianAgentSetup.run (e.g. ./DebianAgentSetup.run 192.168.0.1 9901)
. File named CESMAGENTSETUP.DEB appears after installing the agent. Could that file be deleted after setup? I suppose yes?
Sure
. Remote session is not working. I dont know if this option is by this far not available?
Not yet - coming soon :)
. INTERNET SECURITY, remove this option for LINUX since it shows nothing for obvious reasons (only for Windows OS)
Same answer as for Macs, you will soon be able to manage CAVL (Comodo Antivirus for Linux) from your ESM3 server
. SYSTEM DRIVES, deleting a file doesn't work, neither folders. I get the following error: "Unable to delete file. An error occurred while deleting the file: Can't get file attributes."
. SYSTEM DRIVES > GET LARGEST FILES is not enabled to be used for LINUX endpoints.
Same answer as for Macs - devs notified
. To be able to empty the trash bin in MAC, LINUX and WINDOWS endpoints.
- Cool idea, on the to-do list
. There is no a way for an administrator to change to another endpoint while reviewing an endpoint's drives, processes, daemons, applications, etc. The administrator has to leave the endpoint information, to the computers list and select the new computer. Jumping from Computer to Computer, within the details of "x" or "y" computer would save lots of time.
I know, a little frustrating at the moment and we are re-designing some of the UI which will allow the opening of multiple EP properties (or VNC sessions) in multiple tabs. Please bear with us while we do this...
. Please, when possible, change the drop down menu for Computers, Groups, Policies, Applications, Reports, About, Logout. Its annoying to select a main option by SELECT in a drop down menu. Why dont you do something more practical, like this? It can hide/show automatically when mouse is on top of the screen or left side of screen (something like UNITY in Ubuntu).
Because there are a lot more items which we will be adding to the "Manage" menu in the near future (we are moving the menu out of the way a little bit tho'). If we were to place all the new menu items on a "top-of-screen" toolbar you wil very soon be running out of UI space. Stick around and you'll soon see what I mean when we release the "Corporate" edition beta - at the moment you have the "Professional" edition which won't have all the toys its bigger sister will have :)
. The SEARCH input its located in the general bar and that way is not intuitive (see image below). I though it was there to search for another computer. It should be located within the views or spaces where it is designed to work and give results.
Agreed and we will be doing something about it in he near future - we need to see what the UI enhancements come out like first tho'

Keep the ideas, comments, criticisms & questions coming w-e-v. We love 'em…

Kind regards,
Michel.

Thanks Michel. I appreciate also that you take your time to read, think, and answer each and every statement we post. Thanks for listening and answering us.