Lost connection during install

I’ve got an odd issue which I can’t find any other mention of. During installation of CIS, it gets to around 69% and then I notice I loose internet connection. The connection doesn’t come back and the installation doesn’t continue. I managed to install CIS in safe mode but there was again no internet connection on reboot!

I’m running Win 7 x64 and have had a job attempting to remove ESET before CIS installation although it appears all traces have now gone. Any ideas? I’ve tried with and without COMODO DNS option.

Sometimes it happens that you can’t connect to the internet after uninstalling, using the unofficial clean up tool or trying a manual deinstallation. Then the Inspect driver is still present and needs to be uninstalled.

How to uninstall the CIS firewall driver when it stays present? Look up the properties of the network connection, select the Comodo Firewall driver and uninstall it. See the attached image.

Thanks for the reply. The issue seems to be that I’m loosing connection during installation, not after uninstalling.

The solution of my previous post is indeed for the situation after uninstalling CIS. That addressed the second part of your problem. It could help you get back on the web after the manual uninstall you performed.

Not sure why the installation stalls and for now I can only think of the following workaround. When it stalls see if you can start CIS (using the icon on the desktop or in the start menu). When that is possible try the suggestion in No network connection after using Stealth Ports Wizard (DHCP Broken).