Login problem CTM

After installing CTM, I have been unable to use it because it keeps asking me to login (see attachment). I know my password but I’m not aware of having entered a username and have not been able to find one that works either.
Is there anyway to get around this problem?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Strange. You’re the second reporting password problems…
Which version are you using? Stable 166 or Beta 175?

Have you tried to use Administrator as username?

The default user name is “Administrator”.

Thanks guys, I used the “Administrator” username and it worked like a charm!
BTW Tech, I’m operating the stable 166 version.

Cheers!

Christ, other user did not have that luck…
https://forums.comodo.com/help-ctm/help-can-not-enter-os-after-restart-after-install-ctm-ask-username-password-t57525.0.html;msg407369#msg407369

Hi all
I have just installet the Comodo Time Machine ver. 2.6.138262.166 Install where OK and new start OK.
Then I have User Activate, new PW on Administrator + I create one new User with all Option activated. Now I can Login to the new user but anymore to Administrator. Deinstall from Time Machine not able because Setup ask from Administrator Password. I have Reset MBR, Deinstall Time Machine and then I Reinstall it. when I don’t change the Administrator PW it’s all OK. Why??

Thank’s from any answer

Off topic: How did you do that?

Because I can’t anymore Uninstall

I understand “why”. What I want to know is “how”?

Hi tech
I have Boot my PC with “Paragon HardDisk Manager” and then I have Repaired the MBR. Then I Reboot the PC. Normally Logged in, the with Software I have Uninstalled CTM. PC Reboot the CTM newly Installed. All Functions are OK, then I have one more Activated the “Access Control”. I have configured the new Administrator Password. PC new start, and now i can’t anymore Access to GUI. CTM say “Error: Invalid Username or Password”

I have This Error both on Beta version 2.7.150952.175 and 2.6.138262.166.

Thank’s
Paolo

Pity that we don’t have a free version of it…
I’m still looking for a freeware solution.
Partition Table Doctor also does it (but it is a paid product) http://www.ptdd.com/mbr.htm

Fixing most of the system boot problems without restore (Windows system registry modification in the off-line mode, MBR and the Boot.ini file correction, etc.).

Hi tech

You can try with Install Windows Recovery Console. Original CD then \i386\winnt32 /cmdcons.
then Reboot PC F8 and then “Microsoft Windows XP-Recovery Console” then fixmbr

I hope this Help You.

Paolo

Only for XP.

Found a solution!
https://forums.comodo.com/help-ctm/how-to-restore-mbr-if-you-cant-boot-withwithout-ctm-t58885.0.html;msg412391#msg412391

Hi Tech

I have no problems with MBR. my Problem is only with the “Administrator” from CTM. when I don’t give one PW, CTM works very good, but when I give or activated “Access Control”, I must give one PW to Administrator. After this I can’t anymore Configure, Uninstall, etc. and CTM say “Error: Invalid Username or Password”

Paolo

Paolo, there are other threads about the login/password issue. Maybe they could help.
But, in fact, there is a problem (bug) right now with CTM.

Hallo Forum
This for Information
i have just downloaded the neu version from CTM client_setup_2.8.155286.178 and my Problem is still there

But i have tries made more Test on more Virtual Machine

First Test (!!! Not work !!!)
1 install CTM
2 Reboot
3 Start CTM
4 Enable Access Controll
5 Administrator PW “19paolo58
6 No Save but I Create new User “Paolo” Password “roccia58
7 Save. CTM windows Confirm
8 Login as Administrator no more possible (Error password/Username)
9 Login as Paolo it’s Possible.
10 Uninstall from CTM no more possible because Administrator Password not works.

Second test. (!!! Not work !!!)
1 install CTM
2 Reboot
3 Start CTM
4 Enable Access Controll
5 Administrator PW “19paolo58
6 Save. CTM windows Confirm
8 Login as Administrator no more possible (Error password/Username)
9 Uninstall from CTM no more possible because Administrator Password not works.

Third test. (!!! This work !!!)
1 install CTM
2 Reboot
3 Start CTM
4 Enable Access Controll
5 Administrator PW “paolo58” (no 19 befor paolo")
6 No Save but I Create new User “Paolo” Password “roccia58
7 Save. CTM windows Confirm
8 Login as Administrator it’s now possible
9 Login as Paolo it’s Possible.
10 Change Administrator PW in “19paolo58
11 Login as Administrator it’s always possible
12 Uninstall from CTM now possible because Administrator Password works.

Can anymore Confirm this Password Bug’s

i have this 3 Test on more VM System and i have the Same Result.

Greating from Switzerland.
Paolo

Hi paolo.fehlmann,

Thank you for your feedback, we are checking this problem. If this is a bug, we will fix it in the future version.