Log file not being archived?

Hi,

referring to Comodo Firewall:
I know my machine very well. I love the sound of my hard drive. Ok, kidding a bit - but it makes me notice a reoccuring sound that again makes me look at what the drive is doing. The sound was unknown before, but it made me look at the hard disk activity. This revealed that, from time to time, cmdagent is writing to the drive multiple times and about twice a second. The file is C:\programData\Comodo\Cis\lmdb. Looking at it’s properties shows it’s size is 96 MB. This is suprising, as I remember, the log file should be archived when it’s size reaches 20 MB. Have a look at the attached screenshot.
So, my question is: why isn’t the log file archived? Am I overlooking something? (Though I don’t know whether the files size is the reason for unfamiliar behavior)

Thx

Sorry, me again…
Or am I looking at the wrong place? Is the log file “C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Firewall Pro\cislogs.sdb”? It’s size is < 20 MB. Then this question can be… considered needless.

“C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Firewall Pro\cislogs.sdb” is the CIS log file.

You may also find a file called “cislogs.sdb.backup” in the same folder.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

P.S. Yes, it does make your HDD stutter and stammer every now and again. I think this is caused by writing the log entries into the .SDB database file. :slight_smile:

@CryGuy - looking at your settings - the bottom two option bubbles on my Firewall settings are the reverse of yours…the keep on updating choice is checked and the move files to… is unchecked. Maybe that is why your file is so large.

Yes, I was on the wrong track when opening this thread: As most drive activity was related to C:\programData\Comodo\Cis\lmdb, it made me think it is the log file. Few minutes later, I’ve noticed I was wrong.

I’ve analyzed it a bit more, but disk activity turned out to be normal. For example, when opening the start menu, I get ~50 new entries in the FW log, all coming from SearchUI.exe and BackGroundTransferHost.exe. Welcome to chatty Windows trying to connect to bing.com. :wink: So, problem solved (as there was none).

Thanks