List of current bugs discussion

It seems you don’t understand my explanation
If I change the PROGRAM NAME while editing (this is allowed in CIS 8012), for example CCupdate.exe to CCupdat.exe, what does this new name correspond to in the firewall rules ? (since it does not exist in the programs)
Why does the Comodo firewall allow the name of the application to be monitored to be changed ?

Hmm, I think I did understand your explanation correctly.

I was just trying to explain to you that changing the program name from, for example, CCupdate.exe to CCupdat.exe could be useful in some cases when, for example, you want to try out several FW rules with different FW settings for CCupdate.exe without having to edit one and the same FW rule each and every time.
So you can have multiple FW rules (each with their specific FW settings) for example for (non existent) program names like CCupdate-1.exe, CCupdate-2.exe and CCupdate-3.exe and then change one of those non-existent program names to CCupdate.exe when you want to try out that specific FW rule.

Editing a program name into a non existent program is a valid operation since the same thing also happens when a program is uninstalled from the system but the FW rule for that program is still present / listed.

Please re-read my whole previous post, but maybe things are still unclear.

You have to stop saying nonsense
At no time is there any talk of modifying the NAME of the application in the help

The fact of raising an inconsistency in the management of the Comodo firewall is only for the Staff to take note and inform the developers

!ot!

Just my two pence on this one. You’d also need to change the File Ratings for these files and you’d need to change the application rules for Comodo if your changing one from that directory. You’d also need to be using Custom Ruleset as the FW Mode. My guess is that if all your doing is changing the file name without selecting the actual file via Browse, it’d in the background use the same file. More often than not you also need to restart for those rules to work. If you wanted to be alterted by everything, run HIPS in Paranoid mode

I’m no expert, just thinking out loud. At the end of the day, you changing the file name is an action by the user not unknown or malware.

E

Editing the name field of a FW rule was always possible since I started using Comodo from version 2 or 3 till the current version.
Without the ability for the user to the edit the FW rule name field it would also not be possible to create a FW rule for a Folder (see wish Firewall Add Application Rule - Add Folder option to Browse Pulldown Menu) but only for the items presented to the user in the Browse Pulldown Menu which would limit the use case of FW rules very much.

Again, editing the FW rule name field was always possible but obviuosly I’m talking complete nonsense.

Hello,

Can you add this one to the list :
25. Renaming a Portset causes disruptions in the rules that use it.

C.O.M.O.D.O RT has reproduced the issue.

Thanks

add this one too: the god ■■■■ systray icon that desappears :stuck_out_tongue: its a bug and its there for atleast 2 years and unresolved…

so, the list is about 25 items so far and that will change as people will realize this topic is here so people will post their findings and bugs in here too, atleast i expect that. this could be good so comodo devs can see that there are several problems with their product that they have to fix.

I can not contibute to this list as Im not running cis anymore. so much bugs that i coudnt stand it. but i can try to do a clean install of windows 11, clean install latest cis to try some of those… maybe next month or so. if needed…

IMHO this bug list isn’t going to work…

@futuretech

It seems you have forgotten this point:
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/list-of-current-bugs-discussion-t127571.0.html;msg910961#msg910961

@futuretech

It seems that this point is not in the list of current bugs

futuretech: about this merged topic // Comodo Forum // does any dev saw this topic? or talked about it? i really hope they will see it and do something about these problems. i would like to comeback home using cis again…

No steps are giving and no one else has been able to replicate it.

An issue that does not affect the operation of CIS or Windows, bugs that are very apparent and affect the usability and functionality of CIS should be more prioritized. There are way too many issues that are more important that should be fixed than some error that shows in the event log that isn’t noticeable unless you go looking for it.

Yes they are aware of it and it was even pointed out to Melih when asked for a structure of things to be sent to the dev team. But whether they actually do anything with this information and work on fixing those bugs I can not say for sure as we are not given any information on what is going on with the development. There is no longer a beta server from which to test new builds and no announcements in the private section of the forums about any new releases and what is being done.

Here the answer of C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Re: Renaming a Portset actually causes disruptions in the ru
« Sent to: domo78 on: September 30, 2021, 06:39:44 AM »

Quote from: domo78 on September 29, 2021, 11:56:29 AM

Hello C.O.M.O.D.O RT,

Do you confirm the disruptions when renaming the portset ?

Were you able to reproduce it?

Domo78

Hi domo78,

We have reproduced the issue, We will report this to team and update you .

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Interesting, it must be specific to the theme being used or the language CIS is set to, I found an old post about this issue and with the steps described in the post, I was not able to see any issue with re-naming the portset, nonetheless I’ll add it to the list.

thanks dude.

lets hope for the best then… its all strange these days… the lack of “comebacks” from devs or even melih is not good.

I submit these 2 topics that have already been published on the forum:

https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/arp-t127193.0.html

https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/website-filtering-t127009.0.html;msg907083

Hi all,

We are following and reported these issues to the team and they are aware of it.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Perfect ! :-TU

Aware of it is good, fixing it is best. :slight_smile:

im so sorry if im getting boring here but i have to ask: devs are aware, but did any dev “say” anything? or you mods just sent reports and thats it, no answer from comodo nor even a word from anyone inside company?