List of current bugs discussion

Any feedback from staff on above matter regarding sweeping bugs under the rug?

The only bugs that were fixed are bugs 4. and 24. Bug 22 was never an issue on Windows 10/11. Bug 34. doesn’t happen on Windows 11 but I do remember it happening on Windows 10 so it can be marked “fixed” even if they didn’t do any changes to how VD is run.

3 Likes

Why does Comodo Staff not respond on my replies?

It is Comodo business as usual, bring the reported issues to the team, the team is working on it, we keep you posted… but nothing comes out… Comodo keeps denying reported problems as they always did.
It’s a slap in the face of CIS users…

Hi CISfan,

We can understand your circumstances and expectation towards cis improvement.
The team is working hard to fix these issue .
Kindly support us.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

1 Like

Your statement means that Comodo will take no further actions to resolve these above bugs because the team isn’t able to reproduce those bugs while Comodo knows that these bugs are still present in CIS codebase and these bugs will linger on in CIS codebase forever, right?
Or am I missing something here?

1 Like

Thank you for the global feedback, but unfortunately it remains quite unspecific. Appreciate the start @DecimaTech made here: List of current bugs discussion - #287 by DecimaTech and here: List of current bugs. However, as also @CISfan has asked for repeatedly, I think all beta-testers and especially the bug-submitters are awaiting a full official status update on all 42 reported bugs, as promised by @ilgaz last November: Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.1.8104 beta - #201 by ilgaz. By having all in one place, such a detailed and up-to-date bug status overview could also be of help to the CIS development team in preparation for their upcoming third 2024 beta. Thanks in advance!

Hi CISfan,

We didn’t mean that we won’t take further actions to resolve these bugs.
As we couldn’t able to reproduce these bugs with the CIS beta version, so if you guys were able to reproduce with the CIS beta version. Then provide us the steps to reproduce so that we will test and fix it.
However @DecimaTech has provided steps to reproduce to the above issues(No: 1, 6, 15, 16, 17, 20, 25, 26, 35, 40) and we are testing on it.
@DecimaTech Thank you for supporting.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

4 Likes

Why does Comodo keep telling to CIS users to report the same already existant and uncountable numerous times reported bugs over and over again??? Just because Comodo can’t “reproduce” those bugs???
Why can’t Comodo Team reproduce those bugs when @DecimaTech can reproduce those bugs in current CIS codebase and even telling you how to reproduce them???
Like I said before, these bugs are still present in CIS codebase and with Comodo refusal to fix them they will stay in CIS codebase forever…

Hi DecimaTech & All,

1.Silent mode firewall silently blocks network access for unrecognized applications and does not log the block
We have tested the above issue with CIS beta and found that Silent mode firewall silently doesn’t blocks network access for unrecognized applications.
Refer the attached pic

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi DecimaTech & All,

1. Embedded-code detection for misexec.exe does not work so msiexec.exe /I will not be detected.
    We have tested the above issue and couldn’t able to reproduce it.
    So we need the reproduction video of the issue so that the team will see and reproduce it.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi DecimaTech & All,

1. Can’t paste IPv4 address in global and application rules, it only works in network zones.
    The above issue is reproduced and reported to the team.
    Thank you @DecimaTech for providing the steps to reproduce this issue.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Interesting but my screen shot shows that the google web installer can not connect to download chrome after I set google llc as unrecognized in the vendor list and switched to silent mode.

Hi DecimaTech,

Seems like you tested with only firewall installed.
Let me test this case with only firewall installed and update you

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

As I said in PM, using a URL to a msi package it won’t detect execution. Again for reference launch powershell or windows command prompt, then enter the following command with cloud lookup disabled:

msiexec.exe /i https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z2301.msi

Hi DecimaTech,

Thank you for providing the information.
We reproduced this issue and reported to dev team.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi DecimaTech,

Could you please check with installed browser ? not installer.
However we are testing your case.

Tahnks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

It doesn’t matter what application is used, as long as the application tries to make outgoing network connection requests, it will be silently blocked without even creating a block event in the firewall event logs. It also doesn’t apply just to unrecognized applications, as you can set the firewall to custom ruleset mode, and watch the failure to make a connection.

@C.O.M.O.D.O_RT It just occurred to me that the defaults for the Internet security configuration has the do not show alerts: allow requests enabled in firewall settings. I use the proactive configuration which does not have this option enabled. So please check with the proactive config.

Hi C.o.m.d.o RT,

I hope you are feeling well and that you are not burned out or depressed.

People who work in Cyber Security are often on a knife edge. Don’t forget to take some rest.

Today, I am contacting you to ask you why, when I presented on the page specific to CIS 2024 beta all the new bugs that I encountered with it, did you not tell me to come and present them here?

It might have been more effective for you.

Was this page better or the other?

What about fixing boot crash caused by GPO Early Launch AntiMalware when it is set to Good only.
The description of the Policy is: - Good: The driver has been signed and has not been tampered with.