Latest Update for Firewall Crashed Computer

Dontcha hate updates when they tell you to restart? You know something is going to go wrong … well the latest firewall one went wrong. 3 Times on a restart it went directly to the “windows did not start normally” page. Here is what event viewer said:

DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting
to start the service EventSystem with arguments “” in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

to start the service EventSystem with arguments “” in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

to start the service netman with arguments “” in order to run the server:
{BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}

I was finally able to log on in safe mode as administrator. I then restarted in normal mode.

This has me worried for the next restart … should I restore computer to yesterday or uninstall update to get rid of the update? Or keep the update … Please advise ASAP.

Xeolyte

I have the same problem. All v3.9 are not stable.
I have reinstall 3.5 and it’s ok.

I am sorry to hear that the update went wrong.

Please try a clean install of v3.9 without importing your old configuration. You can get it here: https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/comodo_internet_security_3995478509_released-t39202.0.html .

The latest up date has frozen my start up, it keeps on running and running. The icon in the toolbar shows that comodo is not running. I eventually get to disable the icon and able to restart comodo by using the desktop icon. I would like to re do the update but do not know weather to select the 32 or 64 bit update to see if this solves the problem. I have Win XP SP2. I have been using comodo without any problems for sometime. If there is another solution please advise.

What processor are you using? This is to know what version to advice (32 or 64 bits). Let me know and I will give instructions for a clean install.

to find out go to the start button → right click on my computer → properties → look for the words “32/64 bit operating system”

I have looked for bit information and do not find any. I went to my computer>view system information> general and went through all alternatives and only found info on processor, mhz and mb of ram. No mention of bit info any ware. Is ther any other place I can look?

Did you look at the place languy suggested?

Yes, when I go to My computer the only palce I can go is toi “view system Information” Which gives me the info I described above. I cannot locate anything that gives me bit info.

follow this guide:

Windows Vista
Method 1

1. Click Start, type system in the Start Search box, and then click system in the Programs list.
  2. The operating system appears as follows:• For a 64-bit version operating system: 64-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.
    • For a 32-bit version operating system: 32-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.
    Method 2
  3. Click Start, type system in the Start Search box, and then click System Information in the Programs list.
  4. The operating system appears as follows:• For a 64-bit version operating system: x64-based PC appears for the System type under Item.
    • For a 32-bit version operating system: x86-based PC appears for the System type under Item.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Method 1

1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
  2. Click the General tab. The operating system appears as follows:• For a 64-bit version operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version < Year> appears under System.
    • For a 32-bit version operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version< Year> appears under System.
    Note is a placeholder for a year.
    Method 2
  3. Click Start, click Run, type winmsd.exe, and then click OK.
  4. In the details pane, locate Processor under Item. Note the value. • If the value that corresponds to Processor starts with x86, the computer is running a 32-bit version of the Windows operating system.
    • If the value that corresponds to Processor starts with ia64 or AMD64, the computer is running a 64-bit version of the Windows operating system.

Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Method 1

1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
  2. Click the General tab. The operating system appears as follows:• For a 64-bit version operating system: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition appears under System.
    • For a 32-bit version operating system: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition appears under System.
    Method 2
  3. Click Start, click Run, type winmsd.exe, and then click OK.
  4. In the details pane, locate Processor under Item. Note the value. • If the value that corresponds to Processor starts with x86, the computer is running a 32-bit version of the Windows operating system.
    • If the value that corresponds to Processor starts with EM64T or ia64, the computer is running a 64-bit version of the Windows operating system.

I did some follow up with the web in how to determine if you have a 32 or 64 bit system. If you have a processer starting with X86 you have a 32 bit system. Also if your system type is X86 you have a 32 bit machine. So I went to run and typed in winmsd.exe found that I have a 32 bit machine. Hope you can nowtell me how to do a clean update. Thanks for all your help

Still need to know how to get a clean update. Have Win XP3 32bit. Problem explained before

From this link:
https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/comodo_internet_security_3995478509_released-t39202.0.html;msg284178#msg284178

Do a clean install.

Halbird. To do a clean install do the following (froget about removing the Legacy keys):

Uninstall CIS and reboot. Then run [url=https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_system_cleaner_fileregistryprivacy_cleaner/comodo_system_cleaner_116494436_released-t37631.0.html]Comodo System Cleaner[/url] to get rid off registry keys.

Then delete the Comodo folders under Program Files, Program Files\Common Files, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ .
For Vista/Win7
Users%username%\appdata\local, Users%username%\appdata\roaming\ and \Users%username%\appdata\local\virtual store

To be even more thorough open Device Manager and set it to show hidden devices under menu option View. Then see if there are Comodo driver(s) left in non Plug and Play drivers. If so select the driver → click right → uninstall and reboot.

Now delete the following:
C:\boot.ini.comodofirewall (this file may not exist).
WARNING: Do not mistakenly remove the original “boot.ini”.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cmdGuard.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cmdhlp.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\inspect.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\guard32.dl

a. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ComodoGroup\CFP and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ComodoGroup\Comodo Internet Security
b. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\CDI\1 *
*(If you have other Comodo products installed, delete only the values
for CFP)
c. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services
\cmdAgent
d. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services
\cmdGuard
e. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\cmdHlp
f. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Inspect
g. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services
\cmdAgent
h. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services
\cmdGuard
i. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\cmdHlp
j. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Inspect
k. KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services
\cmdAgent
l. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services
\cmdGuard
m. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\cmdHlp
n. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\Inspect
o. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cmdAgent
p. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cmdGuard
q. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cmdHlp
r. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
\Inspect
s. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro
t. HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1202660629-746137067-2145843811-1003\Software\ComodoGroup\CFP
u. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT *
v. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDGUARD *
w. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDHLP *
x. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT *
y. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT *
z. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDGUARD *
aa. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDHLP *
bb. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT *
cc. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT *
dd. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDGUARD *
ee. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDHLP *
ff. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT *
gg. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT *
hh. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDGUARD *
ii. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDHLP *
jj. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT *
kk. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\CFP_Setup_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x32
ll. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\CFP_Setup_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x64
mm. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\CFPLog
nn. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\CPFFileSubmission
oo. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro

*Note: It may not be possible to remove these “LEGACY” keys. If you cannot delete them, leave them in the registry. However, I have subsequently found that you MAY be able to remove these keys in Safe Mode by using a third-party registry tool. To permanently remove them may also require modifying the Permissions for each key. See: https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/comprehensive_instructions_for_completely_removing_comodo_firewall_pro_info-t17220.0.html;msg119226#msg119226

Now you should be good to go