Large files cannot be saved

I have installed Comodo Memory Firewall 2.0.4.20 into my home PC equipped with Windows Vista Home Basic (1GB RAM). I find it difficult to save large files by Microsoft Excel 2002 (Office XP), and wonder if the saving process is interrupted by Comodo Memory Firewall. Any technical advice is appreciated.

AChung

Is there anything in the CMF Logs? I’ve not experienced this problem. CMF will Ask you about blocking any Memory Buffer Overflow Action or Program. What other programs are you running?

To check this simply shut down cmf.exe (right click on CMF icon in tray → exit). If problem is gone and nothing was changed on system except CMF was shut down, then probably CMF is the reason of issue.

Dear Eric

Thank you for your prompt response.

I have the following installed into my home PC:

• avast! antivirus 4.8
  • Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.22
  • Comodo BOClean Anti-Malware 4.26
  • WinPatrol 15.0.2008.0
  • SpywareBlaster
  • Ad-Aware 2007 Free
  • Spybot, Search and Destroy 1.5.2.20

Regards,

AChung

Have you tried Yuriy’s suggestion?

On a different note, you may not need to run Winpatrol if your running CPF 3 with Defense+

Eric

Dear Eric

I have not tried Yviry’s suggestion because the “save” problem arises from my daughter’s external hard disk, which works well with Windows Professional and XP, except my home Windows Vista Home Basic. Puzzled?

I have disabled Defense+ feature of Comodo Firewall Pro because my daughter is annoyed by its pop-ups from time to time. It seems to me that Comodo firewall only with leak protection works fine.

Regards,

AChung

You don’t have to create any rules or anything just to shut down CMF. Simply right click the Icon and click Exit and then try and open one of the large files.

Eric

Dear Eric

I’lll disable Comodo Memory Firewall temporarily as suggested by Yuiry when my daughter lets me have her external hard disk to test. Keep you informed of the outcome in due course.

Regards,

AChung

Locked.

Reason: Out-Dated post.

Josh