Large cmddata file

There is a full thread on the issue here: cmddata file

What CIS version are you running?

Merged topics of same issue, only thing you can do is a clean re-install.

I am using version 12.0.0.6818

When I click on the link mentioned it tells me that itā€™s either missing or Iā€™m not allowed access.

Iā€™m beginning to think maybe Comodo should just rewrite the program lol.

Hire some additional senior AV/Security tech, additional support techs, and just rebuild it in the background.

P.s. Just make sure the code is modular af.

The thread was moved . . . This it: Large cmddata file

That link is this thread

It was merged into the original thread . Basically you can rename it, delete and reboot or do a clean install as futuretech says. Itā€™s a known but not common issure.

Out of curiosity.

People who have this issue. Do you have a HDD or SSD?

Same question for people who do not have this issue.

My cmddata file is 192 MB in size from a CIS V12.0.0.6882 installation I been using since November last year, and havenā€™t increased so far. I configured CIS with a custom reduced Vendor List with around 80 or so Trusted Vendors (all others deleted), and very few programs installed on my Win7 Pro X64. I am using HDD device.

I would guess this file is possibly storing Vendor List/File List information as well as customized settings.

Settings are stored in the registry. They are not stored in the cmddata file. My cmddate file is 96MB which seems a common size.

It stores Vendor and File List information . . . .

Mine was always 96MB through various CIS version, but since a clean install of 7036, it increased to 192MB and hasnā€™t changed since. Just to see what happens, I renamed it and rebooted. No real delay in start-up, but CIS did give a few HIPS warnings on Trusted Application trying for the Internet.

The Trusted Vendor list was mostly the same, but 5 previously Trusted such as Logitech were now shown as Unrecognized, along with a few of their files and the size is now back to 96MB

To see information about the database you need to enable comodoā€™s property page by downloading and running enable_page.reg from this post, then alt-click on any file or folder, and select dump statistics of the database. To see the actual data stored you choose dump content of the database. It would be interesting to know if there are exact duplicate entries if you have a larger than 96 MB db size, 192 MB is exactly double the size of the normal size. Iā€™m guessing at some point CIS re-creates a new db within a the existing db, instead of overwriting data which causes the excessive file size.

It would also be interesting to see the entries amount for files, content, and vendors gathered from the statistics dump.

Although this is a known issue, the file size reported here is very high. I have take it to the developers notice and requested them to find a solution.

@ActuallyHarmless, please let us know the CIS & Win version.

@desbest, Check with latest CIS and whats your win version.

My cmddata file is currently 808MB and has been at or near this size for as long as I can remember.

My CIS version is : 12.0.0.6818 (DB version 32897)

My Windows version is : Windows 10 Professional Version 1909 (Build 18363.1082)

CIS DB stat dump file is attached.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

I have brought a new computer so I donā€™t need the problem fixed for me any more.

COMODO Build 12.2.2.7036
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

I discovered I had a cmddata file that was 272GB! Found this thread searching for a solution.

Previously, I was on 12.0.0.0.6818, updated to 12.2.2.7036. the cmddata file went back to 100MB.

Strangely enough, 12.0.0.0.6818 never reported that it was out of date or that an update was available.

Unfortunately Comodo has been postponing rolling out newer builds to people relying the program updater for reasons that are not clear to us.

[b]My disk is almost full. I found this when I searched for why is it normal ? 25.3 Gb

location = C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Cis\lmdb[/b]

https://forum.comodo.com/filedata/fetch?photoid=4041