Large cmddata file

in %allusersprofiles% folder have about that
in instalation folder have about that
what data are you referring to?

Hi liosant.

Neither.

At least for Windows 10 and CIS 12, the cmddata file is stored in \ProgramData\Comodo\Cis\Imdb\ and there is only one version of this file with that name.

Kind regards,

Reece

Mineā€™s 250 meg in size.On 6882 ver.

Hello ReeceN,

Thank you for reporting.Our developers are working in it.There will be a limit for this in further release.
Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
PD

Sounds good, thanks!

Mine is 770MB and was last updated this morning.

Ewen :slight_smile:

96MB here and has never changed by much. 6950 Beta been used since it came out

Mines 237 MB on 6950 beta.

My computer is sending me warnings that it is a running out of space even though I hardly have anything on it. After looking at 1000s of system files I finally found that there is a Comodo cmddata file that is clogging the drive with a whopping 46Gb. Is this really necessary? Can this be refreshed and shrunk or otherwise be reduced in size? I have used CIS for many years and am happy the protection, but if it makes my computer unusable I will have to to uninstall.

Edit: I am not able to uninstall CIS! It gives a message COMODO Endpoint Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. This is terrible. HELP!

Hello merlin666,

Thank your for reporting.

1. Cmddata Issue : Itā€™s an known issue and our developers are working in it and they are going to limit the size in the future upcoming release,So please wait for that.
  2. Uninstall Issue : Could you please use the latest Comodo Uninstaller Tool (Select upon your windows bit) for the clean Uninstall of the CIS.Then install and check.

Further if you need any clarification or doubt Please let me know.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

If cmddata file would grow to another excessive size you can delete is as a workaround.

Hello ReeceN & aim4it,

We pleased to inform you that new version of CIS has been released.So could you please check with this version v12.2.2.7036 and update us.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

Sure.

Using 12.2.2.7036 my cmddata file size is currently at 2.677GB.

Note, I also use Killswitch to show untrusted images in memory.

V12.2.2.7036 (Firewall only) on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Mine C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Cis\lmdb\cmddata is currently 98Mb and seems to be steady.

What is actually stored in this file?

As a test: What do I have to do in CIS or on the system to let it grow in size? (Not that I want to have a bigger file :slight_smile: )?

After renaming it in safe mode, mine is again back to 98MB also.

Good question, Iā€™m not entirely sure what causes it to go crazy in file size.

Iā€™d like to know too!

From a previous answer

Back up to 196MB after a Windows update.

Hello ReeceN & aim4it,

As per CIS team,If they reduce the file size in the sense it will affect some of the CIS components,So the better solution is you can delete the file if the size exceeds.Further if you need any clarification donā€™t hesitate to ping us.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

Iā€™ve checked my file again, itā€™s now at 100Mb.

Also Iā€™ve checked the content of the file (the bytes it contains).
It seems that approx. 94 % of the file is just zero bytes, so only 6 % is non-zero bytes.

If CIS needs all these zero bytes maybe it should compress this file in a clever way to reduce the (in my opinion) redundant zero bytes.

Edit :

When the file size, as reported by some, goes up to (or over) 1Gb and the ratio 94/6 (% zero/non-zero bytes) is still valid then this is really a waste of disk space (even if we have Tera bytes HD space these days).
Please think of compressing the data in this file.