A. THE BUG/ISSUE:
- What you did: Entered Kiosk, navigated to C:\Users\Mike\Downloads directory in Kiosk and dragged copy of Firefox 11.1 installer to desktop. Ran installer from desktop without admin privs, no response then tried with.
- What actually happened or you actually saw: Installer took a very long time to come up, when asked to authorise execution did so, then Kiosk locked. Took dumps. Then explorer locked, rebooted.
- What you expected to happen or see: Network connection correctly restored from firewall tasks.
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: Not applicable.
- If a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)? : Not a software compatibility problem
- Details & exact version of any software (except CIS) involved (with download link unless malware): Firefox 11.1. Installer appended.
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen: After reset, able to run installer using run as admin without freeze.
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):
B. FILES APPENDED. (Please zip unless screenshots).:
0. A diagnostics report file (Click ‘?’ in top right of main GUI) Required for all issues): Appended
- Screenshots of the 6.0 Killswitch Process Tab (see Advanced tasks ~ Watch Activity) or 5.x Active Process List. If accessible, required for all issues:: Appended
- Screenshots illustrating the bug: N/A
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs: No relevant entries
- A CIS config report or file: Unaltered IS config, so not appended
- Crash or freeze dump file: Appended
- Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version: Not appended
C. YOUR SETUP:
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration: CIS 6.0 Build 2674, Database version 14816, Internet security config
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS: No uninstall then install using CIS 6.0 installer.
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: N/A
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?: N/A
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): No
- Defense+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall & AV security levels: HIPS=off, BB=partially limited, Firewall=safe, AV=Default
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Win 7 Ultimate, SP1, x64, Uac=off, Admin
- Other security and utility software currently installed: Comodo Certsentry hard fail=on, Vmware workstation, Logmein, Clipmate, Raser keyboard configurator, Canon Network utility, Bluetooth configurator, Vmware, Filezilla server, WAR-FTP server, Routerstats, Acrobat, Comodo Ivault, FastStone capture
- Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed: None
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box)[color=blue]: Installed on production
Link to files on FTP server:
ftp://184.108.40.206/virtkiosk dumps 6-01-13.7z
ftp://220.127.116.11/Firefox Setup 11.0.exe.7z
Username and password as before. If you have forgotten them please consult the Mod’s Preview Board, Mod’s password sticky.
[attachment deleted by admin]