Kiosk crash when loading on Win7 x64, dump attached [V6][M244]

I click on “Virtual Kiosk” in CIS 6’s task bar and the virtual kiosk desktop pops up for less than a second and then closes. Attempting to relaunch the kiosk always results in this same behavior, even after terminating any virtkiosk.exe background processes and trying again.

A. THE BUG/ISSUE

1. What you did: Tried launching the virtual kiosk through CIS’s main interface.
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw: Virtual kiosk appears to be loading, then quits before a second can pass while the virtual desktop is present.
  3. What you expected to happen or see: Virtual kiosk should not close unexpectedly.
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: Terminated all virtkiosk.exe processes and tried starting the kiosk again. No changes occurred.
  5. If a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?: This is not a software compatibility problem. CIS is the only security software I have installed.
  6. Details & exact version of any software (except CIS) involved (with download link unless malware): N/A
  7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen: Yes. 1) Make sure virtkiosk.exe is not currently running. If it is, terminate it. 2) Launch the virtual kiosk through any means. [desktop widget or main interface]. 3) Kiosk will fail to load. 4) Terminating the now running virtkiosk.exe process does nothing to change the effects of this bug or the steps to reproduce it.
  8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): On first launch of the virtual kiosk, I declined the installation of comodo dragon and microsoft silverlight and checked in “Do not ask again.”.

B. FILES APPENDED. (Please zip unless screenshots).
0. A diagnostics report file (Click ‘?’ in top right of main GUI) Required for all issues): Appended

1. Screenshots of the 6.0 Killswitch Process Tab (see Advanced tasks ~ Watch Activity) or 5.x Active Process List. If accessible, required for all issues: Appended
  2. Screenshots illustrating the bug: Not Appended
  3. Screenshots of related CIS event logs: Not Appended
  4. A CIS config report or file: Appended
  5. Crash or freeze dump file: Not appended
  6. Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version: Not appended

C. YOUR SETUP

1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration: 6.0.260739.2674, 14607, Proactive
  2. a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS: No
    b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: N/A
  3. a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
    b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?: N/A
  4. Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): No
  5. Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: Antivirus: Realtime, HIPS: Safe Mode, Behavior Blocker: Untrusted, Firewall: Safe Mode
  6. OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit, No UAC, Admin
  7. Other security and utility software currently installed: N/A
  8. Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed*: AVG, Avira, Avast.
  9. Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): N/A

I fixed this by terminating every process that had to do with CIS and then restarting CIS. I’m guessing there was still one last reboot required to enable features and have some of my changes take effect. I just didn’t think to try that before because the main interface of CIS had a big green check mark and a banner saying “Secure” so I assumed everything was up and running as it should.

[attachment deleted by admin]

If it needs another reboot it should tell you, I’m assuming from what you said it did not?

(Will re-mark as resolved if it did!)

Best wishes

Mouse

OK having check you diagnostics says ‘ok’ so I guess the install should be OK

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again

This may be due to previous security programs you have had installed. I will post later to help you completely uninstall them.

Best wishes

Mouse

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.2.282872.2847)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.3.294583.2937)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

The devs have informed me that they believe that this is fixed for CIS version 7.0.313494.4115. I will therefore move this to Resolved.

If this is still not fixed for you please both respond to this topic and send me a PM (including a link to this bug report).

Thank you.