Keep an alert on screen infinitely

The default time for displaying an alert is 120 seconds. The range of choice is 1-999 seconds.

As far as I can tell there is no way to keep the alert on screen UNTIL a reply a made. This is inconvenient as processes can fail silently because a prompt is not seen by user

Request: The option to have alerts remain displayed UNTIL the user is able to respond. Suggestion: set timeout to 0 (zero) = infinite display.

I know it’s deep under the hood but you can change these value’s in the systems registry.
I haven’t tested how far CIS goes in to accepting these value’s but they are in:

ProfileNR = the active profile you use 0,1,2,3 are default if you imported it’s likely 4.

HKLM\System\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations<ProfileNR>\AV\Settings\RealTime\MaxAlertDuration

HKLM\System\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations<ProfileNR>\Firewall\Settings\AlertTimeout

HKLM\System\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations<ProfileNR>\HIPS\Settings\AlertTimeout

Would be nice if this could be configured on the GUI :-TU

Thanks for the workaround!
A couple of pointers for anyone planning to implement this…

Active profile:
Easy way to ID which one is active is to set the “Keep an alert on screen for maximum” to 888 the in Firewall Behavior Settings. You will now be able to identify the active profile when you edit the registry.

Overriding the UI maximum of 999 seconds:
The workaround works fine, BUT, once the AlertTimeout value has been set outside the bounds of the UI error checking logic (1-999), you will not be able to make any changes to any parameters in the associated Firewall Behavior Settings or Defense+ Settings dialogs as you get an “invalid value” error when you access the dialog.

Thank you for the workaround for increasing it to ~16.5 minutes .

However, the ability to make it indefinite would be very welcome.