Kaspesky Update (kavsvc.exe) blocked by Comodo

I have been having problems with Comodo Personal Firewall in that it says Kaspersky Anti-virus (version 5) refuses to communicate with it. I was wondering if you had any information regarding this?

Irritatingly, you can’t “Always Allow” on this pop-up…

Cheers

Rich

G’day,

You could try turning off “Allow invisible connection attempts” and “Skip advanced security checks” in the MISCELLANEOUS properties of the Application Monitor rule for this app.

There is actually a design reason why “Always Allow” isn’t available for this type of warning. Applications refusing communications with another running app is a highly unusual cimcumstance and can indicate the presence of a rootkit. As such, every occurence needs to looked into.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Ewen,

Thanks for reply. I’ve already tried that but to no avail. also tried re-starting just in case…

Cheers

Rich

I was planning on starting a new thread, but decided to do a search first, to see if my issue had already been addressed.
Having found it posed, precisely the way I would have stated it, this thread unfortunately appears abandoned, prior to having reached a conclusive solution.