Kaspersky v.8.0.0.454 Official

It is official. I will no longer try Kaspersky anymore. Why? Before this newest release, I tried the oldest 8.0 release and it gave me 10 BSODs. It didn’t give me more because I didn’t try anymore.

When this new release came out, I tried it, and guess what? BSOD all over again. A lot of people still complaints about the same in Kaspersky forum.

I am talking about a computer with a dual-core processor and 3GB of RAM memory.

Heck, I make use of heavy apps, such as Photoshop and the use of its history, and doesn’t turn my system unstable, at all.

I also remember that when I tested version 7.0 it ■■■■■■■ up with IE configurations. I don’t use IE, but I have relatives that do, though I changed their minds and now they either use FF or Opera. Anyway it messed with IE and I just couldn’t figure out what it messed with.

Solution? I had to take hands on my dearest SAS and repair everything related to IE. It fixed. It fixed something that Kaspersky AV shouldn’t have ■■■■■■■ up in first place.

No more!

And honestly, Kaspersky just got famous because when it first came out, was one of lightest AVs and one of the most efficient.

Not the same situation we see now. It is a total ■■■■.

And what about the endless list of “incompatible” security apps, that turns out are not that incompatible with KAV/KIS, at all!

Sorry, but no.
I will stick with my CFP + NOD32 3.0 + SUPERAntispyware.

Strong Set up. (Though NOD32 isn’t as effective as fighting spyware but that’s what SAS is for) :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Josh

I never said I dislike KAV and I am not bashing it. KAV is a great av. But I cannot live with the flaws anymore. Tried for 2 weeks. Now that I am back to NOD32 my boot up is back to normal. My pc is snappy and my web browsing is blazing fast. I started this thread and now I was reporting back. I actually timed it. The XP load screen goes back and forth 20 times with KAV. Only 6 with NOD32. Security shouldn’t hinder your pc. Even Comm admitted the problems about slow updates and slow browsing.

You bounce around alot V. Respond to my PM btw. :slight_smile: !ot! lol

Cheers,
Josh

Never got a pm and I dont bounce around. Had NOD32. Tried KAV. Went back to NOD32.

Welcome back bud. :slight_smile:

Sry vet. My ■■■ arent working again. I have not used the new kav, used 6.0 then after reformat 6.0 stopped working then i switched right to NOD

I have tried KAV through out the years. Many different versions. All with the same problems as I listed. Its a great av with good detection rates but alot of flaws. Comm would diff. Like I said I do not dislike KAV nor am I bashing it. But ever since its gone from my pc all my problems are gone. Boot up is faster. PC responds quicker and web browsing is quicker. And yes I have NOD32 in “active mode” for better filtering and still no slow downs while browsing.

KAV is heavy, but when I had 6.0 you have to do a ‘learning scan.’ What I mean by that is after doing a full scan of the computer there is a considerable increase in scan speed, and performance computer wise. Not just for that session for all future reboots as well. Of course that is just my computers that i’ve experienced it on and its not a solid fact but, thats just my comment.

KAV 8.0 is the best version of KAV ever, my pc runs fast like there’s no actiavted AV running.
i got no boot troubles that takes ages.
about surfing the web, i set kaspersky to high level protection, so it can take longer to surf but it’s safer.
and it’s harder to kill KAV process than NOD32 (nod32 was killed easely with tools coded for that).
the detection is better on KAV for me, the scan speed up a lot on last 8.0.
but the detection is not good enough compare to some others scanners when i try virustotal.com, some scanners detected new malwares as kaspersky detected nothing, hope they’ll fix the scanner to get better.
never had any prob with bsod or something, so i like this AV,
but i think AVs are useless more and more with various ways packing to defeat the detection…