iyewcgi.exe

CIS shows an orange alert for ‘iyewcgi.exe’ (no quotes) I cannot find it on this forum nor on a google search.
Can any one advise please.
P.S. I have rejected it twice accordingly CIS history may/will show that it has been rejected

I’ve no idea, but *cgi seems to suggest a script…

Is is trying to add global hooks ? If so, it’s a virus I guess 88)

Xan

CIS shows an orange alert for ‘iyewcgi.exe’ (no quotes) I cannot find it on this forum nor on a google search.
Can any one advise please.

P.S. I have rejected it twice accordingly CIS history may/will show that it has been rejected
P.P.S. My apologies, I have just posted this same post on another CIS child forum, before seeing this forum which seems more appropriate

Hi

can you please tell us what the pop-up says ? If it says : … is installing a global hook
then please follow this guide and post back the hijackthislog+A-squared log

Xan

Hi Xan
I have clicked on ‘Disallow’ and also ‘Remember my decision’ can I get back into the CIS message??
I ‘think’ it said something about ‘global hook’ but am not certain.
I would welcome your thoughts/advice.

Well, you can always follow the guide just to be certain ;). But the name seems suspicious to me…

Xan

It should show the event in Defense+ /View Defense+ Events.
Dennis

'iyewcgi.exe' (no quotes) I cannot find it on this forum nor on a google search.
The file "iyewcgi.exe" sounds like a random created name. ??? :-TD Most likely that can't be good

I am tying to carry out the process recommended by Xan but t is taking forever to download the 3 files they all seem to just hang.

Hi Everyone
Time has allowed me to carry out the work.

Xan
I cannot fully understand what to do or where to send the “hijack log”
Do I just start a new thread in this forum with the subject matter of ‘iyewcgi.exe’ and post the hijackthis log??

Hi, please upload it in this topic. It will probably complain that .log is not allowed. Please change it to .txt

Thank you,

Xan

Thanks Xan

Log uploaded as requested.
I hope I have got everything correct??

[attachment deleted by admin]

Xan
Forgot to say it was showing as .txt I did not need to cahnge anything.

Hi your hijackthis log seems clean. Only 1 entry :
Do you know kkqiemy ? If not, I sujest you clean it.

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [kkqiemy] "c:\users\richard\appdata\local\kkqiemy.exe" kkqiemy

Is Comodo still giving pop-ups for the malware, or is it cleaned ?

Xan

No further popups, one of the programmes you recommended (malwarebyte) found a whole bunch of the with iyewcgi.exe but they were then cleaned.
I will delete kkqiemy.

I will now check my laptop.

Thank you and all others for your valuable help.

I use free version of CIS I have used Comodo for a long time should I consider changing anything ?? should I run malwarebyte & superantispyware on a frequent basis??

Once again thank you all for your help.