I've had it with Comodo

I’ve been using Comodo Free version with Win 7 as my firewall, anti-virus and system defense for quite a while and recommended it to many–but now I get the" Failed to update the virus signature database. Please check your internet connection and try again later", and lately it’s preventing installation of various products like Roxio 2010. The kind of help instructions on the forums are ridiculous–delete registry keys, uninstall, reinstall, intercepting proxies–sorry. Don’t have time or patience for time-wasters. Give me a quick, simple solution, and I’ll stay with Comodo. Otherwise, I’m outtahere.

What version of Comodo are you using?

I think he is may be “outtahere” !?

If not, I suggest him some friendly advice based my observation of having used comodo often as a frustrated user for several years but still hanging on because I think they still have a very good product.

Unless you like to risk waiting a long time for an answer, or even perhaps no answer, from a forum volunteer, and then be prepared to possibly spend even more time trying to fix these things, I think that the only viable solution for the majority of new or recent users of CIS or those with insufficient time to deal with issues such as this is to consider paying $50 and get comodo live support to troubleshoot and fix your PC. They can even access the PC remotely and configure things, I believe. I finally started the 30 day trial a few days ago and am pleased so far.

Otherwise consider trying another free product and hope it does not have the same issues…but it will have other issues.

I learned that there is no such thing as free because my own time has a value as well. Once one decides to value their own time at $5 per hour or $100 per hour, or whatever is right for them, then quickly all the time spent messing around with configuring a computer adds up to a lot of money.

Anyway, i wish you good luck with getting an answer to your question, or whatever you decide to do!