Issues Still Need Fixing

Hope an update is coming soon ???

All the issues in this thread remain - https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cse/still-no-closer-t51235.0.html

I removed safe-mail from Thunderbird so the crashing stopped but hope that issue will be ironed out.

Would like to see CSE work with Windows Live Mail as that client uses “Delta Sync” which is way faster and smoother than IMAP.

And it’s very irritating not being able to send mail from all my accounts. Can only send from the account my Comodo email certificate is setup with.

Edit: Just noticed this from another of my threads:

NOTE: Windows Live Mail is supported and settings are imported automatically for this mail client.

Regards, Eugene.

Actually CSE does not recognize Windows Live Mail and would like it to.

Hi Curlin,

Just off the top of my head, here’s a couple of things worth trying.

Firstly, notoriously, AOL blocks the standard SMTP port 25. Try changing your outgoing SMTP to port 587.

Secondly, can you check that you are running CSE in Network Mode? This is done by re-running the originally installer and then selecting “Choose Mode”. Select Network Mode if it doesn’t already say that your in that mode.

Thirdly, try setting your timeout delay to 1:30 (one minute thirty seconds).

Eric

If i un-install CSE, i can send just fine from AOL and both of my google app addresses. So the issue is with CSE.
Secondly, can you check that you are running CSE in Network Mode? This is done by re-running the originally installer and then selecting "Choose Mode". Select Network Mode if it doesn't already say that your in that mode.
  Yes, working in LSP mode. And CSE will only see Thunderbird and not Windows Live Mail.
Thirdly, try setting your timeout delay to 1:30 (one minute thirty seconds).
Ok, i'll try that.

Eric

Eric - were you able to confirm if a further update release of CSE will be happening???

Thanks

I’ve not heard anything as of yet but will keep asking.

Eric

Hi, curlin

Did you mean Windows LIve Mail or Windows Mail ( like in Vista OS) ?

If you meant Windows Mail, are you using Vista x64 ? If so, Windows Mail is 64-bit , that’s why CSE doesn’t detect it because you are using CSE 32-bit version…

Vista32 - Windows “Live” Mail

OK, what type of accounts do you use in your Windows Live Mail (WLM) client ?
Could you provide your account’s settings you are using in WLM client ?
(e.g. mail address: somemailaddress@somemail.com
POP3: pop3.somemail.com 995 SSL
SMTP: smtp.somemail.com 465 SSL
etc. )

Thanks.

Valentin.

You haven't looked at Windows Live Mail have you  ;)

I have my hotmail account (free) setup and WLM doesn’t appear to use the standard pop/imap and ports setup. It uses “DeltaSync” which appears to be a “url” and the sync functions are so much smoother and quicker than imap in thunderbird.

Which might explain why CSE doesn’t see WLM. But Comodo says it works with WLM. I don’t see that though.

Hi :slight_smile:

Currently, CSE doesn’t support HTTP or other protocols except POP3/SMTP/IMAP in LSP mode.

Yes i understand that but…

[attachment deleted by admin]

As i mentioned in this thread here - https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cse/outlook-2007-messaging-interface-has-returned-unkown-error-when-sending-mail-t50330.0.html won’t recognize my safe-mail certificate even though it’s in my store. (first 2 images)

The last 2 images - this has never happened - “Not Once” - “Not A Peep”

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yes, your first question was (from https://forums.comodo.com/help-cse/noob-question-t49066.0.html;msg352729#msg352729):

Then Ronny answered :

And again, Eugene after all answered that CSE do support WLM, he meant POP/SMTP/IMAP settings ( this Ronny had written above ).

These answers confused you a little bit (sorry for that ).

But now, you know what CSE can do in LSP mode :wink:

Thank you for using Comodo product and for your questions.

Best regards,
Valentin

And - is there “another update coming”??? No - one seems to want to answer that question. If that’s it - CSE as it stands is what you get then just please say so.