Is there a way to specify all files in a folder but exclude its subfolders?

For file specifications in Comodo Firewall, is there a way to specify all the files in a folder but not include any of its subfolders or files in its subfolders? For example, let’s say I wanted to protect all files in C:\Temp from modification, but not files in C:\Temp\Doc. If I use the file specification C:\Temp* or C:\Temp\ or C:\Temp*.*, in all cases the subdirectory Doc and files inside it also are protected, but I don’t want that. Is there a way to do this?

I would also like to be able to do this. Some games create a subdirectory in the temp folder and execute temporary files there. However, I want to block running anything by anything in the temp directory. I can get round this by special rules for the games but I can’t block the game from running what is in the temp directory.

One way to do it is to have two rules. The first allows c:\temp\doc for all applications. The second lower down rule blocks c:\temp for all applications. This is a bit messy. It might be possible with one rule depending on whether allows or blocks take precedence.

The example I gave was just a manufactured one, not one that I face. But here is a real situation that I was trying to help another with. This person wanted a rule to alert on any file modification within the root directory only of C:. I thought about editing ‘All Files’ and adding an separate file allow rule for every subdirectory of C:. But that would suppress all other file alerts too, such as modifications to .exes within system32, modifications to hosts file, etc.

I solved this by taking away the Windows permission for limited users to write to the root directory. This worked for me on Vista. All my users are limited users and UAC protects the administrator.

Too bad that there doesn’t appear to be a good way to do this from within CFP.