Is there a way to disable the alert sound after a shut down scan?

The alert sound wakes me up and I tend to run a scan before bed and have my computer shut down if nothing is found.

Hi cheater87,

Thank you for reporting.
From the above statement we understood that you are getting sound alert from the CIS popup’s is annoying isn’t it ?
By default CIS will be enabled with this option on CIS setting → user interface → “play sound when alert is shown”.
So, kindly disable that option “play sound when alert is shown” from the user interface of CIS setting. (Kindly refer the attached pic.)
If we missed something else to understand, kindly provide us the complete detail or exactly what you did and what happens ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Thank you, but won’t that disable all alert sounds, I just don’t want the alert sound when it says shutting down computer.

Hi cheater87,

Could you please provide us exactly what you did or provide us the steps to reproduce ?
So that we will check and update you

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I manually started a scan, then I hit the button to shut down if nothing is found, after the scan has been completed a popup appeared with the alert sound saying the computer will shut down in one minute with a countdown timer.

Hi cheater87

Thank you for providing the information, we will check and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi cheater87,

We have followed your steps and found no issues (i.e.)…
We have disabled the option “play sound when alert is shown” in the CIS setting.
And we run a manual scan and selected the option “Turn off this computer if no threats are found at the end of the scan”, thus there is no popup alert sound .
If we missed anything kindly let us know ?
CIS v12.2.2.8012.
Win 10 x64 bit.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I think the user is asking for the option to have alert sounds enabled UNLESS the option to shut the PC down is selected.

Scenario 1 (What is happening now) :

• Alert sound option enabled
  • User manually runs a scan and DOES select the shut down option
  • User goes to bed
  • Scan completes and alert sounds
  • User wakes up grumpy
  • PC does shut down

or

• Alert sound option disabled (What you have suggested)
  • User goes to bed
  • Scan completes and no alert sounds
  • PC does shut down
  • ANY AND ALL SUBSEQUENT SCANS ARE ALSO SILENT!!

Scenario 2 (What I think the user wants to happen) :

• Alert sound option enabled
  • User goes to bed
  • Scan completes and alert does not sound
  • PC shuts down
  • User continues snoozing uninterrupted
  • Any other scan that does not have the shut down option selected would sound an alert

This could be easily accomplished by adding an optional button in the SETTINGS window (See attached).

Hope this helps.
Ewen :slight_smile:

Yes that is the issue, thank you.

While sleeping when scan finds thread then alert sounds and user still wakes up grumpy.

Hi panic,

Thank you for providing the detailed information.

[at]cheater87

kindly check your inbox for pm and respond ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT