Is the new version even blocking anything?

I just installed the newest version of Comodo Firewall (ver 5.9.221665.2197), set the firewall to Custom Policy mode, removed all application’s from the Network Security Policy/Application Rules, and turned on my internet connection.

Imagine my surprise when I started up Internet Explorer, as my fist test, and the firewall just let it go through, without any warning or anything. IEXPLORE.EXE is right there in Comodo’s summary tab. I go check the Network Security Policy and there are no other programs listed except ‘System’.

I tested Firefox next - same thing. I don’t get the usual popup from Comodo asking what privileges I want to assign to this one program trying to access the internet through my firewall. It just let’s it go on through.

I tested a few other programs. All the same thing. Everything gets a free ride through the firewall.

Note that I am not in ‘Safe Mode’, I switched the firewall to ‘Custom Policy’. NOTHING should go through without asking for permission first.

I checked, and both ‘Show balloon messages’ and ‘Enable Comodo Message Center’ are enabled in the Preferences. Defense+ and GeekBuddy are both disabled, but they were disabled on my previous version as well. Windows Firewall is off. This is a Windows XP SP3 computer.

Is there a reason why Comodo is no longer trying to block my outgoing applications? Is there some new setting I am missing?

Welcome.

Two questions:

1. Do you have the box in the image checked?
  2. Are you also using Avast 7?

[attachment deleted by admin]