Is 'keyboard input emulation' mode secure?

Against, say keyloggers? Also does it leave any disk traces of the password given an HTTPS connection?

Many thanks

Mouse1

BUMP

BUMP

The “keyboard input emulation” in iVault is designed specifically to circumvent keyloggers. Having said that, keylogging technologies are constantly evolving, so nothing is 100%, not even human vigilance.

Also does it leave any disk traces of the password given an HTTPS connection?

I don’t see how it would. The login credentials, regardless of HTTP or HTTPS are read and suecurely decrypted in memory and passed to the appropriate login fields. There is no disk activity involved and can’t think of a circumstance where it would be required.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks that is very helpful. BTW if you have the patience one can check for disk traces by using a disk sector editor search facility.

Mouse 1

On reflection I guess that the swap file, which may contain the contents of any memory address, might contain passwords. But the same would be true for the clipboard I guess. Best solution for this would be to maintain physical security or use the ‘Windows overwrites swapfile at reboot’ option (a registry option). Or perhaps Ivault somehow prevents working data being swapped out to disk?

Mouse1