Is Comodo compatible with Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon 64 bit?

Hello Comodo members, I have had no problem installing Comodo antivirus on my older computer, the Linux system is Linux Mint Debian version 1, 32 bit, session chosen by default is Cinnamon. So Comodo is working great on that old computer and I’m very happy with it.

But it’s not the case with my more recent computer. My Linux system on that one is Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon 64 bit.
First I’ve had trouble with diagnostic error at the begining, it’s when you have to type on the terminal «/opt/COMODO/post_setup.sh» & «/etc./init.d/cmdavd 'restart»command. Well the 2nd command «/etc./init.d/cmdavd 'restart» didn’t work well. And then, when it was time to do the first analyse it was a catastrophy, my screen went all «snowy», the only way to stop it was to turn off manually my computer.

I was very disapointed of not being able to have Comodo for my recent PC as a protection. I have Clamav at the moment but I don’t feel very protected with it.
Can someone help me please on that issue?
I wish being able to install Comodo on that computer.

Is Comodo compatible with Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon 64 bit?

I have to add today, is it a problem with the 64 bit system?

Nobody is answering me here and even if I’ve tried to install Comodo on my Lint Mint 14 Cinnamon computer, my conclusion is that Comodo is not compatible with that computer and LM14 Cinnamon 64 bit.
It’s working fine only on my older computer with Linux Mint Debian Edition 32 bit.

Hi hermes333,

Comodo Work OK for me on 64bit Ubuntu 12.10.

The only issue is I have is it’s Not Active on the top Taskbar. Like my other post says.

But I have heard from a 2 users on a other forum that they having problems with Mint 14 64bit.

And they find Mint 13 better.

I just thought I let U know.

Nigel

Comodo Antivirus is compatible with Linux MInt 14 and the Cinnamon desktop environment. I didn’t encountered any issues or problems. After installing the application make sure you run this command:

sudo /opt/COMODO/post_setup.sh