Is CIS 5 64 bits version safe?

Hi guys. First, thanks for this awesome suite! I’m wondering if CIS 64 bits version is recommended for my new PC with Windows 7 Professional 64 bits. I’ve read this post:

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/any-update-on-security-of-64-bit-cis-t67397.0.html

and i’m not sure at all… Maybe 32 version is safer than 64 version…

Thanks for your support

Best regards

Hey and warm welcome to comodo forums!

you can’t install CIS 5.3 32bit on a 64bit machine. Of what I understand CIS 64 bit should be as safe as CIS 32bit but CIS 32 bit safer. 64 is quite new and all security have small issue regarding OS 64bit

Take care and have nice day :slight_smile:

Regards,
Valentin N

Many thanks Valentin. However… are you sure can’t i install 32 bits in my W7 64 bits? There are some 32 bits applications running in my W7 64 bits flawless. My question is if 64 bit CIS have the same level of protection as 32 bit

Thanks again

Regards

Miguel Angel

If you have the possibility to install 64bit version of the wanted application then you should do it. When you try to install 32bit version of CIS is will give you a warning that CIS doesn’t support the platform. I would like you try and see what happens when you try to install CIS 32bit.

CIS 64 bit has a bit lower protection than 32bit; this caused by microsoft and not CIS. This doesn’t only apply CIS but all security vendor’s 64bit.

Regards,
Valentin N

Thanks again. I’ll try later…

Best regards

Miguel Angel

I run the x64 and have no issues, and no malware on my system.

Thanks John! I’ve installed finally 64 bits version and it’s working great!

Best regards

Miguel Angel :-TU

I have been a long time user of Comodo and had some problems with the AV part on my old WinXP OS PC. Since building this new 64bit PC last year I have been running the complete CIS suite and haven’t had so much as a murmur. Comodo works just great with 64bit systems and after the latest award from the independent testing authority is by far the best security you can put in your PC.