IObit accused of stealing Malwarebytes Database

holy ■■■■ :o , read this guys

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?s=966f6ee227c310846fcf0b1eaa736009&showtopic=29681&st=20

I don’t know if it has been posted or not, yet.

I wonder what other companies there also suspected of stealing from. But what i find funny is that they steal from other companies and steal manage to make ■■■■ software.

wow… i always thought it was weird that IObit came out of no where into the Anti-malware market… this explains it.

It is all over DSLReports, Wilders and several Blogs. In my opinion the MBAM boys have a pretty strong case here ! And it makes me wonder about the other IObit software :-\

Greetz, Red.

Don’t mean to sound racist or anything but I half expected something like this to happen, IObit is a Chinese company and they are well known for reverse engineering other things to make them their own and sell. I remember when some Chinese car company got sued by GM because they blatantly copied the GM car. GM charges Chery for alleged mini car piracy

I know it is not a popular opinion,but it is possible IOBit is innocent.
Good Old Wilders,always the first on the scene for a crucifixion.

if you read how they caught them you will see there is no way for them to be innocent. Also, I doubt that Malwarebytes would throw such accusations around lightly. They have lots to lose if they are wrong, so I doubt they are wrong.

:o :o :o

Close the IOBIT thread on comodo forums please :slight_smile:

While I would generally agree with you, on this occasion it was first released on the Malwarebytes forums and web site and it has been subsequently picked up and reposted on numerous forums since then.

Maybe, just this once, a shoot from the hip response is the most appropriate. Malwarebytes would not have made this public without having some legal grounding and advice. They are to be applauded for doing whatever it takes to protect their intellectual property.

or rename it to the Malwarebytes topic. >:-D

In all fairness Panic,Malwarebytes has shown itself to be an astute,player of public opinion.
They have marketed themselves as a complete anti-malware solution,yet objected when they were tested as such.
When the famed Marshall Wild Bill Hickok,shot from the hip,it was his deputy that ended up dead.
I will suspend judgment for awhile.

Topic locked.

This rumour is off and running on numerous other forums. It serves no purpose to allow it to grow here.

You can always keep an eye on the progress of these claims on the Malwarebytes forums if you’re that interested.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

http://malwarebytes.besttechie.net/2009/11/02/iobit-steals-malwarebytes-intellectual-property/

https://forums.comodo.com/general_discussion_off_topic_anything_and_everything/iobit_accused_of_stealing_malwarebytes_database-t47154.0.html

Please don’t double post.

This rumour is off and running on numerous other forums. It serves no purpose to allow it to grow here.

You can always keep an eye on the progress of these claims on the Malwarebytes forums if you’re that interested.

Topic locked!