Invisible dialogue and a mystery process

Hi justin_smith,

Thank you for providing the log and I have forwarded your log to our developers for further investigations.

Regards,
PD

Thanks PD, would they look at both

• whether the bad empty and chinese log entries are a known bug, and
  • whether “No Connections” / 0 Inbound / 0 Outbound on Firewall section of the Comodo Firewall screen is a bug
    ?

When I try to Block everything from Comodo taskbar icon right-click Menu, it works right away, and when I switch back to Firewall → Safe mode it also works. However, when I change my browser rule to first say Block everything, it keeps on working until I reboot. When I then remove then blocking in the rule, it keeps on NOT working, again until I reboot (at which point it’s back to normal). Only one time I think I saw unblocking through the rule worked without reboot. Just restarting the browser does not help. Waiting also does not seem to help. I was surprised that a reboot was needed for changed Firewall Application Rules to take effect (and yes, I made sure to save my changes).

I am attaching the rule screenshot.

After one of the reboots, I again got cmdagent not working. When pressing Fix It butting it would turn green and then Red again. I had to reboot to make this behavior go away. Now, I am again just fine all the time - which is the normal Green state.

I am attaching the Event generated below and screenshot of “Red” state.

Biggest Question that I still have: What does the “No Connections” and 0 Inbound / 0 Outbound mean on that Comodo Firewall section? Is that part of the bug discussed in this thread (I did not see others report it though), or is that a whole other issue? Is that a known bug? How concerned should I be?

I am attaching a screenshot again of what I am talking about - please see the 4th screenshot

Like I said cmdagent is crashing which is affecting the firewall not seeing any connections, if you want to see if both issues are fixed you need to uninstall then install the new version. I would do a clean uninstall using the official uninstaller tool and install using the download links from the release topic.

Sorry about the confusion. cmdagent is crashing (and I see “Red” warnings) only 5% of the time upon reboot. In case of 95% of reboots, it works fine and is NOT crashing.

So 95% of the time, cmdagent is running just fine (i.e. I see it in the Task Manager and Comodo is showing green “Secure” status). Also, (with reboot) firewall picks up my new rules as I described and stops/allows traffic through. So I assume it means it’s working fine, right? But then “No Connections” symptom is ALWAYS showing along with 0 inbound / 0 outbound; even when cmdagent appears to be fine (i.e. 95% of the time).

So what does that “No Connections” symptom mean then?

I downloaded the x64 tool from the link but the size of the file / sha1 do NOT match what’s posted in that topic. :frowning:
Could it be updated with correct information to make sure what we download in fact matches what Comodo is trying to give us?

Comodo has apparently updated the clean up tool to version number 2.0.0.32. The files are signed by Comodo and the certificates check. The clean up tools are legit.

just check do not show pop up alerts >deny in the firewall settings
all of them blocked no interaction 8)

I have merged additional topics of the same issue, a new beta is available for anyone to see if they still experience the bug.

Hello,

I’ve created this account because for the first time in years, I have an issue CFW pointed at.

Lately (unfortunately, I accidentally cleared the initial log attempting to filter it, but at least for two days), CFW has registered a large number of network intrusions (200+).
Half of them are blank, the second half are extremely long asian characters. The source IP and destination IP always are 0.0.0.0. The direction is sometimes 0 (protocol 0 or 66), sometimes Out (protocol 217), sometimes In & Out (protocol 178).

Anyway, I can’t make out much out of it, I cleaned my PC entirely with Rogue Killer and ADWCleaner, cleared Chrome cache, cookies etc… + went into CCleaner to delete even more files afterwards. But there it still is.

So I’m humbly requesting help on this matter! Thank you for your time!

Hi - welcome to the forum

Your issue isn’t anything to worry about. This reply from futuretech below should explain it. There is a new stable release due very soon, so unless you want to do an an uninstall and a re-install before that, I’d wait for the release

Well, that is a relief! I’ll make sure to stalk that new release then, thank you very much :smiley:

You’re very welcome - hopefully the new release should be posted soon

I have the same issue :

No source/destination IP/port - only Protocol 66,73 etc and a blank app name.
See attachment.

Hello hyperblast & conandrum,

Thank you for reporting.
The problem is cmdagent(Comodo Helper Service) should have terminated unexpectedly and the lmdb(cmddata) might be corrupted while windows updates or power shutdown.
So could you please check your inbox for PM and provide us the requested logs for further investigations.

Thanks in advance!Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
PD

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. After a complete reinstall a few weeks ago, everything was back to normal and working better than ever. :slight_smile:

Hello hyperblast,

Thank you for your response.
In future if you face this kind of issues,Please don’t hesitate to send the requested logs.

Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

Hello hyperblast,

We pleased to inform you that new version of CIS has been released.So could you please check with this latest version of CIS v12.2.2.7036.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

Hello,

Thank you for the heads up, installing as we speak! I had no more logging issues but some random freezes, so I’m pleased this version is out :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!

Hello hyperblast,

Thank you for your response.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

I have >400 blocked applications, all of which are in chinese (Kanji characters), I am unable to purge/remove or otherwise. I am using the latest release of CIS. Is there a way to remove these entries manually outside of the program or some other utility. I suspect the filename length & characters are causing an issue with the program when trying to Purge/Remove

Regards
Howie

Hi gumtu,

Could you please post a screenshots of blocked Applications and logs from(Task-> Advanced Task-> View Logs). What happens when you select Remove/Purge? What version of Windows do you have?